A350 flaps

Hi, understand that the exterior modeling might be wip and doesn't represent the final product, but just in case you've missed this, I wanted to point out this particular thing about the flaps modeling, from what we can see in the teaser the flaps are pretty much straight and uncured, which is a bit different in real life, even though the a350 flaps don't necessarily look curved irl, they still have some minor "smooth outs" at all the edges, will this be improved in future? 

ePKIw~2.png

Screenshot_2024-07-27-21-17-14-295_com.google.android.apps.photos~3.jpg

• Thanks 1

You may have noticed something noteworthy; however, I would like to point out that the picture you referenced was taken from a different perspective, which could make the flaps appear different. This is particularly true for the features of the flaps closer to the window. Nevertheless, nice catch! Hopefully, the team will review it, but we don't know about the the type of reference material used to model the wings and flaps, whether it's images captured from various angles, technical drawings, or 3D scans.

Good point, but I really doubt that it's a matter of view in this case, here's a closer pic, with a different position, the shapes look pretty similar to the first irl photo, and reference pictures aren't really a problem I guess, even I could find some on Google by simply typing "a350 flaps mechanism" and I believe a professional development team can do a much better job in researching reference material :))

maxresdefault (1).jpg

5-Figure7-1.png

14 hours ago, giorgi said:

here's a closer pic, with a different position, the shapes look pretty similar to the first irl photo

Indeed, the real-life flaps are designed similarly to an airfoil, featuring a significant curvature on the upper surface. This curvature appears less pronounced on the model version presented in the trailer. It's likely that iniBuilds is aware of this discrepancy, and an acknowledgment would be appreciated ;).

14 hours ago, giorgi said:

reference pictures aren't really a problem I guess, even I could find some on Google by simply typing "a350 flaps mechanism" and I believe a professional development team can do a much better job in researching reference material :))

Certainly, you make a valid point. It's possible they have access to quality technical references, and there might be another rationale behind their modeling choice. However, the evidence seems to suggest that the model has certain shortcomings.

• Like 1

This is weird, at almost all other topics I've created they have replied at the same day.. while it seems like this one's being ignored (hopefully I'm wrong)

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2024 at 9:08 AM, giorgi said:

This is weird, at almost all other topics I've created they have replied at the same day.. while it seems like this one's being ignored (hopefully I'm wrong)

I made my last comment on a Friday and I'm hopeful for a response by tomorrow. 🙂
I have no reason to doubt their intentions; I'm confident they strive to ensure accuracy in most aspects, including the external model. This is particularly true for the wings, which are arguably the most prominent feature of the airframe.

• Like 1

Thanks I have shared this thread with the team already as of 31/7 and they are aware. If there is anything to be incorporated/improved upon, it will be done as everything seen in all previews till date is all still a WIP.

Beyond that I wouldn't expect any reply from team members specifically on each issue. Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com