A320 V2 not so random failures

orlando011124

Hi,

My love story with the A320 V2 has been a trouble one.

First impressions were quite good.

Some flights later and after one of those periodic updates trouble started.

Some random failures but too frequent. Gave up and not more dates with A320 V2. Back to FBW.

Now more updates,new flights and some more rigorous tests. it improved a lot. but sometimes a strange behavior happens again.

Tried some help with MSFS forum to no avail.

They do not happen in all flights, not easily reproduced.

As the first (strange) behavior was MY FAULT, I hope you can help or give some tips.

First thing I noticed was an inconsistent climb rate. My fault, found that A320 V2 uses CI in the flight profile calculations. As I import the FP's from Simbrief I would put some random values in the MCDU for CI. Neither A320 original or FBW uses that as a parameter.

Now for what I am experiencing. Please note that it happens frequently but not always.

----On Managed MODE refuses to accept the descent altitude. Nothing happens when I press The ALT button. Sometimes it accepts going Open Descent and later return to Managed. Sometimes I have to select VS before going back to Managed.

----MD Shows correct constrain altitudes and MCDU wrong ones. Then Descent and Arrival is mess.

---- Managed Mode: On Approach the PFD shows the constrain for second next Altitude constrain  and "forgets" the first.

---- Once I pressed the "Disconnect GPU" on the EFB and a few miliseconds later I was over flying the airport !!! (that  button never pressed it again).

Can you help me on these?

I would like to keep dating this A320.

Hi @orlando011124

On 7/25/2024 at 8:29 AM, orlando011124 said:

Neither A320 original or FBW uses that as a parameter.

While I can't speak for the fidelity of the "original" Asobo A320neo, the Cost Index certainly factors into all stages of flight in determining things like speed, rate of climb/descent and ultimately the time taken/fuel burned to complete the flight.

On Managed MODE refuses to accept the descent altitude. Nothing happens when I press The ALT button. Sometimes it accepts going Open Descent and later return to Managed. Sometimes I have to select VS before going back to Managed.

Could you please share a video of this happening? Please note that for Managed mode to work properly, the INIT A/B pages need to be filled in with all the required data pertaining to Weights, Fuel on Board and CG. Additionally you should fill in the PERF pages as well for both TakeOff and Approach.

Typically while you are in managed mode, all you need to do is dial in a lower altitude and PRESS IN the ALT SELECTOR KNOB to revert to a managed descent/climb mode. On descent, it will initially target 1000fpm vertical speed until it can intercept the calculated vertical profile and then descend accordingly on it.

----MD Shows correct constrain altitudes and MCDU wrong ones. Then Descent and Arrival is mess.

There are certainly improvements to be made with regards to the LNAV/VNAV which we have already incorporated into the A300, and intend to similarly work out for the A320Neo v2.

However the currently implemented solution is still more than adequate and has been pretty good at observing constraints from experience. There may be rare instances of deviation, for which we appreciate screenshots/videos highlighting the issue which we can fix. 

So, a screenshot of scenarios where you're noticing this would be appreciated. Showing both the MCDU as well as the PFD/ND in all these instances. This is not an issue I've particularly seen in the many hours of flying this aircraft.

---- Managed Mode: On Approach the PFD shows the constrain for second next Altitude constrain  and "forgets" the first.

Yes, the sequencing of next waypoint is a bit too early currently and this will be fixed in a future update to LNAV/VNAV.

---- Once I pressed the "Disconnect GPU" on the EFB and a few miliseconds later I was over flying the airport !!! (that  button never pressed it again).

I'm not entirely certain what could have happened, but this is not an issue we can reproduce on our end. Nor has been reported by anyone yet in the many hours of testing internally, externally and finally publicly via the SU15 beta and since release. 

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com