Summer Surprises: Launch of the iniBuilds Premier Aircraft Series

• Administrators

Hello!

We hope you are well and excited for today's announcement! 🎉

image.png

As some of you may know from Monday's iniBuilds Livestream; the iniBuilds team has grown exponentially over the past couple of years and with that an expansion of abilities. 

Over the past year we have expanded our aircraft development teams. We expanded our original 'Airliner' team who are renowned for working on projects such as the Airbus' in X-Plane, the iniBuilds A300-600R for Microsoft Flight Simulator and the upcoming iniBuilds A350 Airliner; but also established a new team called the 'Premier' team, who will be responsible for creating a new series of aircraft under the banner 'iniBuilds Premier Aircraft'

The iniBuilds Premier aircraft team comprises of our exceptional high-quality 3D artists and programmers but is further complimented by not only our usual dedicated group of experts including experienced pilots and in some cases engineers on the aircraft, but also individuals who specialize in crafting smaller general aviation (GA) aircraft, turboprops and categories of aircraft that do not sit under our 'Airliner' team.

Each one of these projects will aim to push the boundaries of the simulations we have created previously. Through a larger team, with direct access to a variety of aircraft, we're able to conduct extensive flight dynamic testing, ensure greater system fidelity and wrap it all up neatly in highly detailed visuals to elevate the fun and exciting flying experiences you have come to expect of us!

With these projects, we also want to bring you along on the journey of bringing such aircraft into your simulators. You will see the work we do, behind the scenes, and get a small flavour of the extensive work done to deliver you aircraft - as real as they can get!

Let's jump straight into the first one 😉

image.png

Announcing the iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer developed in collaboration with SimWorks Studios & AceMaker Aviation - the first aircraft in the iniBuilds Premier series! 🥳

Zip up your G-suit, grab your helmet and strap into the T-33 Jet Trainer! Developed as a collaboration between iniBuilds and SimWorks Studios, the T-33 is a versatile, turbojet training aircraft, used by over 20 different air forces globally. As the first Skunk works project it initially entered service in 1945 as the P-80 Shooting Star, America’s first jet fighter and the 2 seat variant debuted in I948 as the TF-80c, it was then re-designated the T-33. It served in a variety of roles, from initial jet training platform, to advanced IFF trainer to drone director, target towing, aggressors and even flew combat in the Korean conflict!

This carefully designed aircraft brings a new level of realism and immersion to your virtual hangars, featuring highly detailed textures that render every rivet and panel with stunning accuracy.

The in-depth, realistic systems simulations allow you to dive deep into its intricacies, from avionics to engine management. Experience true-to-life handling characteristics and interact with a fully functional cockpit where every switch, dial, and gauge is operable.

SimWorks Studios supported in systems modelling and some flight model elements, with the iniBuilds Premier Aircraft team being responsible for the remaining elements. 

image.png

The aircraft comes with two cockpit configurations to provide maximum customization to those who wish to simulate different scenarios according to their preferences. 

The Classic cockpit has the following specific gauges amongst the standard suite you would expect: 

• ID-310 Distance Indicator
  • ID-249 Course Indicator
  • ARN-21 TACAN Panel
  • ID-250 Radio Magnetic Indicator

image.png

The modern cockpit has the following avionics amongst the standard items you would expect:

• G3X touch single screen Pilot Flying Display (PFD) and Navigation Display (ND)
  • GNS430 Navigation System
  • GTX330 Transponder
  • D10A Electronic Flight Information System (EFIS)
  • GMC305 Autopilot
  • PAC24 Audio Selector Panel (Vertical)

image.png

image.png

image.png

The iniBuilds art team have done a truly fantastic job on the artwork on this aircraft! 🔥

Exterior Art Features list: 

• Detailed and realistic canopy covers to shield the aircraft from the elements
  • Toggleable chocks and entry ladder to allow a realistic grounded config.
  • Engine plugs, pitot covers and other ancillary elements to enable a complete walkaround checklist
  • Air show like smoke effects and flares to allow for aircraft displays
  • High-resolution, UHD PBR liveries with historical and modern options
  • PC Only: Pylon-mounted ordnance to allow combat training scenarios.

This level of detail and accuracy extended to the interior of the aircraft too! 

image.png

image.png

Interior Art Features list:

• Realistic and removable ejection seat plugs for safety procedures
  • Forward and rear cockpits with interactive controls in both front and rear seats for two-crew operations.
  • Authentically classic steam-gauge and modern glass cockpit instrumentation options.
  • Automatic radio tuning managed through the EFB for workload convenience
  • Crisp, and faithfully recreated detail mapping, stickers, wear and colouring throughout the cockpit based on a real T-33 configuration.

This has truly been such a fantastic aircraft to work on as the first aircraft in the iniBuilds Premier Series and it would not be possible without Gregory 'Wired' Colyer from AceMaker Aviation.

EndorsementGWC5.png

When working on this aircraft, we wanted to achieve the most realistic simulation of this jet possible, so we were over the moon when Gregory, the most experienced pilot in the world on type with well over 3000 hours in the T-33, was excited to work with us! 

Gregory Colyer was essential for us to nail the performance and behavior of this aircraft and through multiple feedback sessions and tuning we perfected the aircraft's behavior to work just as he would expect in real life; of course within the bounds of a desktop simulation.

But enough talk from us; why don't you see the aircraft in action yourself in our trailer & an extended cut of our very own Matt Yamin paying Gregory a visit to Yolo County Airport, California, in and around a real T-33 and what Gregory had to say about working with us on the iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer! 🥳

We are doing some final tuning of this aircraft but hope to release mid-August, and you can expect some of our media partners taking this aircraft for a spin a few days earlier! ❤️ We will also be releasing a walkthrough video to take a deeper dive into the iniBuilds T-33 Jet Trainer

Many thanks for reading today's Summer Surprises announcement, and the launch of something very great in the iniBuilds Aircraft team! 

• Like 4

PLEASE add the under rear fuselage travel pod as an external store option.  Surprised to see bombs and rockets, but not this most common (by far) external store as an option.  Also…Please release a paint kit…this air plane will BEG to be repainted.  Can’t wait!!!!

Kent

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And I just re-watched the You Tube video...you even have the hooks on the rear bottom of the fuselage where the travel pod connects already modeled!  I CANNOT wait for this airplane-- I simply LOVE T-33s~!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Mid-August was the release target, however a few last minute snags sprung up in testing that had to be addressed first. We are also very eager to have this exciting bird out for everyone to enjoy as soon as possible!

Just bear with us a bit more 🙂

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

This is one jet I'm really looking forward to! Thanks to Inibuilds for their interest !

For my own use, I had already converted Tim Conrad's T-33 for P3D and then MSFS 2020, but of course without a nice cockpit and 3D model like this new one !

Here are a few shots from a few years ago (2021) now it's no longer compatible and very, very far from current MSFS standards.

These are T-33 SFs, i.e. French Air Force models. Rolls Royce NENE engine, streamlined and Frenchized instrument panel. The T-33s at the fighter school were all fitted with the hood for VSV training, as were those at CEVSV 338 in Nancy-Ochey.

Perhaps IniBuilds could add it ?

In short, I'm hoping for a nice PaintKit and a successful French version.

Here are screenshots of its training ground until 1981 at the Tours fighter school (LFOT). It was later replaced by the Alphajet. Can't wait for the release !

MicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_01.13-14_48_40_23.thumb.jpg.193fa2c915cb38bd59d2cdeca12f6ce4.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_01.13-15_01_11_11.thumb.jpg.18a14ce6a7d56c702a5bef563e4670b9.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_01.13-15.02_01_61.thumb.jpg.eae12a1ef90d6422847663b7b73f23b4.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_01.13-15_03_14_12.thumb.jpg.12bacce76385c5fcff7e20d072fea026.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_01.13-15_03.41_01.thumb.jpg.d6701dd1570dd65e4abdfd49274b13fd.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.09-18_14_14_88.thumb.jpg.87f5a42b7568b09943c2129f24e9bc79.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.09-18_29_21_16.thumb.jpg.95ce0bd92bbc7e79a81e3629b5cc3412.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.09-18_44_55_16.thumb.jpg.ddbb31544b8cd79ef49fd5afbca584d5.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.10-16_48_31_05.thumb.jpg.904c8e3236298647894c054e87aed3a7.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.10-18_05_39_95.thumb.jpg.0d2e3e1698ca3b4deefe935b91f6ae55.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.10-18_36_29_85.thumb.jpg.51cc745d01f4c88443eb63f4d8a7e202.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.11-19_03_26_75.thumb.jpg.7495e3f1a5d00c81ab6865aabec34766.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04_11-19_03_55_11.thumb.jpg.7248e37179b933d5535c5a9685f06b66.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_04.11-19_05_30_62.thumb.jpg.6f8391d15d0ac669ce975431fd46bef7.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_03.17-19_38_41_09.thumb.jpg.45206a80529893f414bd7992d4854294.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_03.17-19_45_29_97.thumb.jpg.2c79e15c07af013060aabeccfcfc719e.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_03.17-19_47_06_41.thumb.jpg.4676fa1e19773bd30e2b7330a62d960b.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulatorScreenshot2021_03.17-19_48_26_63.thumb.jpg.9510341d1fd01bef71771f62d06ff2a5.jpg29A1919.thumb.jpg.c77fc637f9050fa7952cbcd9ed9b6465.jpg

Top Gun Voltige's CT-133 F-AYMD based at LFRI (La Roche sur Yon) photographed at LFJR (Angers) in 06-2023. What a face !
It takes its design from the T-33 drawn by Uderzo in the “Tanguy et Laverdure” comics “L'école des Aigles” and “Pour l'honneur des cocardes”.

The action took place in Morocco in the High Atlas mountains, while French pilots were trained at the 708 training base in Meknes.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 6:21 PM, ftsx.free.lw said:

Perhaps IniBuilds could add it ?

In short, I'm hoping for a nice PaintKit and a successful French version.

No additional repaints or language versions planned at the moment, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll share with the team.

As for paintkit, is planned but won't be available on release. Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

It looks as though some professional livery creators are really disappointed and foresee many problems creating liveries. I would have loved to see some polished aluminum liveries. Maybe the developer could let everyone know if it will even be possible to do the type of polished liveries most people tend to want to see.

I took the T-33 up for some vr flying and I must say this is my favorite plane to fly in vr now. I am also getting really good frame rates and very little stutters.The textures and sound in vr with headphones is amazing. I am really happy for the Canadian livery and would have picked up this model regardless of the liveries.

I will give the development team a big thumbs up for their work on this and remain confident that any bugs or discrepancies will be addressed to the best of their ability. I would really like to see more liveries as well but having a T-33 an F-86 and two  F-104 airframes in my hangar is keeping me content.

RCAF T-33.jpg

• Like 1

I really feel for the painters as looking at the textures just for the exterior, it is more than overwhelming to me as a complete amateur livery painter. Maybe someone could tackle this using the white livery.

Lockheed_T-33_Silver_Star_5.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to thank inibulds for releasing this really nice aircraft. I would also like to say thanks for paying so much attention to all of the feedback. It is a long weekend here in Canada so Thanks to your whole team. Any news on timeline for more Premiere aircraft coming in the future?

I am really liking this plane. I think Your Collaboration with Gregory 'Wired' Colyer has really payed off. We can all have our thoughts and opinions but I also look at it as a brand new, therefore requiring much testing and feedback to the manufacturer. We would all love perfection on release but I for one am very happy.

Thank You

inibuilds T-33.jpg