The EFB ground page toggle GPU and toggle chocks buttons don't really work.

sevlowdev

I do not know how does this work, but when I don't put in the destination in main menu and input it myself in the MCDU and do everything, I can't use the Toggle GPU and Toggle Chocks buttons. It's weird, but when I set up the flight destination in the main menu I can do it normally. What could be the reason for that?

Posted (edited)

I've also noticed that when I am in the preplanned flight, I can use the toggle GPU and toggle Chocks, however I can't seem to use Toggle Pushback? The pushback starts with when clicking something in the pushback tab, but toggle pushback doesnt work?

Edited by sevlowdev

2 hours ago, sevlowdev said:

I can't use the Toggle GPU and Toggle Chocks buttons. It's weird, but when I set up the flight destination in the main menu I can do it normally. What could be the reason for that?

Hi, are you on PC or Xbox? There is no such pre-requisite for accessing ground services. In fact all of my flying I do without setting up anything on the world map, or importing any plans on the world map page. 

If you'er on PC, please try with an empty community folder to rule out any conflict with another add-on. Simply rename your existing community folder temporarily to "_Community". Run your testing, and when done, close the sim and delete the new empty community folder. Then rename the old one back to "Community" to restore all your addons as they were.

2 hours ago, sevlowdev said:

however I can't seem to use Toggle Pushback? The pushback starts with when clicking something in the pushback tab, but toggle pushback doesnt work?

The EFB Pushback is just using MSFS pushback commands on the backend. So the TOGGLE PUSHBACK button just sends the "REQUEST PUSHBACK" command which is normally used to spawn a tug, however owing to a bug in MSFS, this does not happen reliably, so sometimes it may appear as if nothing is happening. 

As you have noted, the AFT, LEFT, RIGHT and PUSH buttons actually control the pushback, which will work regardless of the tug spawning or not. This is the intended behaviour of the EFB pushback.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

14 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

Hi, are you on PC or Xbox? There is no such pre-requisite for accessing ground services. In fact all of my flying I do without setting up anything on the world map, or importing any plans on the world map page. 

If you'er on PC, please try with an empty community folder to rule out any conflict with another add-on. Simply rename your existing community folder temporarily to "_Community". Run your testing, and when done, close the sim and delete the new empty community folder. Then rename the old one back to "Community" to restore all your addons as they were.

The EFB Pushback is just using MSFS pushback commands on the backend. So the TOGGLE PUSHBACK button just sends the "REQUEST PUSHBACK" command which is normally used to spawn a tug, however owing to a bug in MSFS, this does not happen reliably, so sometimes it may appear as if nothing is happening. 

As you have noted, the AFT, LEFT, RIGHT and PUSH buttons actually control the pushback, which will work regardless of the tug spawning or not. This is the intended behaviour of the EFB pushback.

Thanks!

So, I am on PC and I tried the thing with Community folder, but it does not fix that problem. It's the same, it works the first time and then you need to restart your game.

Hmm. @sevlowdev

Can you try to clear the contents of this folder? It will force a re-compile of the relevant files the next time you load into the plane. Just in case it was somehow corrupted/not compiled properly initially.

Steam:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

MS Store:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

On 7/12/2024 at 11:12 PM, richboy2307 said:

Hmm. @sevlowdev

Can you try to clear the contents of this folder? It will force a re-compile of the relevant files the next time you load into the plane. Just in case it was somehow corrupted/not compiled properly initially.

Steam:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

MS Store:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

Thanks!

I will try, however right now I am unable to as I'm on vacation, so how to make this topic not close for like 20 days in case this doesn't work?