How to remove Manual/Discontinuity entries in flight plan

BillM

I am able to load a SimBrief flight plan from the EFB to the MCDU.  However, when I add a runway and SID or STAR to the plan, a "Manual" entry together with a flight plan discontinuity often appear in the plan.  Pressing CLR and then the Manual entry does not delete it; rather I am taken to another screen with selections for offset, hold and so on. If I return to the flight plan screen, I am still unable to delete the Manual entry, and am taken back to the same offset/hold/etc screen.  I can't delete the discontinuity until I delete the Manual entry.  In some cases, trying this process several times deletes almost the entire flight plan.

Is there a better way to deal with this situation?  Thanks.

Hi @BillM

Are you using Navigraph or default navdata? Also can you specify which Airport + Runway + SID/STAR/APPROACH combination you had problems with?

It is the correct behaviour to receive a NOT ALLOWED warning when trying to remove a F=PLN DISCONTUNUITY which has MANUAL entry above it. So you need to erase the MANUAL entry first . Once you have CLR on your scratchpad, clicking the L LSK next to  the MANUAL waypoint should get rid of it.

I'm not noticing any such issues on my end. Below is a video of KJFK DEEZZ5 SID out of RWY 04R with Navigraph Navdata:

Also if you're on PC, please ensure your A320Neo V2 is updated to the latest version (1.0.17) in the Content Manager: image.thumb.png.d0c9250b357c05b3f857f87e69094637.png

Also lastly, if that doesn't work. Please try to delete the contents of this folder, as that will force the plane to re-compile the WASM next time you load it. Just to ensure it wasn't corrupted on initial launch:

Steam Version

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

MS Store Version

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\microsoft-aircraft-a320neo

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Thanks for responding. 

My instance of the A320 V2 is up to date. I am at KPHL at a ramp doing pre-flight when I review the flight plan.  By adding a runway (in this case 27L) and a SID (I think its PHL3) the MANUAL and discontinuity entries appear. I have now found that if I go through the sequence CLR >MANUAL > Return a couple of times, the MANUAL entry clears; then I can clear the discontinuity.  It seems odd that you have to clear a couple of times to make this work.

18 hours ago, BillM said:

It seems odd that you have to clear a couple of times to make this work.

That is not the case normally.  Please try with an empty community folder, to rule out conflict with some other addon.

You can just rename the existing community folder to "_Community", then launch the sim to test. After you're done testing, close the sim, delete the new empty community folder and rename the old one back to "Community". That is the quick way to test without having to re-install any addons.

If it works properly with an empty community folder, then some addon is causing issues. You may have to do some trial-and-error testing to figure out which one. Outdated community liveries (for older SU14 version of A320Neo V2) and outdated versions of Horizon Simulations 787 are known to have caused issues for other users.

Also I tested again on my system and was able to successfully delete it the first time, without issues:

Thanks! 

Vrishabh,

Thanks for this guidance.  I will try this today and let you know what I find.  If there is a conflict with a mod in my Community folder, identifying it might take a little more time.  Again, thanks for the guidance.

I did as you suggested, and that solved the problem with the flight plan.  However, another problem (which I did not mention before) persists.  I had hoped that having an empty Community folder would have solved this one as well, but it did not.

The plane does not pick up the glide path on approach.  I believe I am doing everything correctly (localizer frequency, approach altitude, LS on, LOC on, APPR on).  The plane follows the flight plan well until the point of joining the glide path.  The plane flies the localizer path exactly but overflies the GS intersection without showing a green GS.  I have flown the A320 V1 many times and have never had a problem with this, unless I created it by being too high.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, or how to correct this?  Do I have to activate the approach on the MCDU?

Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillM said:

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong, or how to correct this?  Do I have to activate the approach on the MCDU?

Could you record a short video clip / screenshots showing your PFD/ND and FCU prior to intercept and then right after where it hasn't captured it? Could take a look to understand better what may be wrong.

In general though, you don't need to do anything on the MCDU other than fill in DEST DATA, and verify the correct frequencies on the RADNAV page.

Prior to intercept, enable LS on your glareshield, and arm APPR on your FCU. You must be established on the LOC already, before GS can be intercepted, and also you must intercept the GS from below it, else it won't capture.

Thanks!

I don't think so.  This aircraft is much too buggy.  I tried to take a flight to record the video as requested and the autopilot would not engage (!).  I feel like I am chasing a problem only to have another problem pop up and get in my way.  This mod is much too frustrating for me.  Maybe some of the issues are user error, but I have been flying the basic A320 without a problem for several months.

Sorry you're having such issues. Countless other users/testers have spent hours with this plane already, since SU15beta till date without any such AP issues, barring misconfigured sim settings.

So please check if all the AI assists are disabled (Assistance Options > Piloting) as they are known to cause issues with AP. Also ensure there's no active control input (aileron/elevator/rudder) being given that would cause the AP to not engage.

Not to say the plane is perfect - there's certainly room for improvement but before public release there's many hours of testing put behind this plane already by both internal MS/Asobo and iniBuilds testers to ensure proper usability on PC and Xbox.

Thanks!

I appreciate all the work done to bring this aircraft to the Marketplace.  I am not trying to criticize your efforts, but I just find it very difficult to complete a flight without something strange and unexpected happening.  I will check the AI settings.

Thanks.

• Like 1