Alternate Route and Holdings

Maurice Eller

Hello everyone,

I have two questions.

1. When I fly a holding, I cannot leave it. When I press the LSK (IMM Exit) I get to the constraint page of the holding and nothing else happens. Am I doing something wrong?

2. For example, I create a flight plan EDDL to LPMA alternate GCFV. I program the MCDU completely (Difripps). Shortly before LPMA I have to fly to the alternate because the weather in LPMA is too bad. The route is already specified in blue in the flight plan. But how do I activate it? In direct to I cannot select a point from the specified alternate route. I can insert a new waypoint from the route, but it is then placed between the normal route and then flies back to the old route. How do you do something like that correctly?

Best regards

I have noticed this as well but when I come to think of it, I think I forgot about it when I made a list of issues I had encountered. So +1 for this. Only way to exit a hold that I can find at the moment is to use direct to which doesn't seem right

• iniBuilds 1

As for the second point, I'm not on the sim right now but you need to press the top left soft key on the MCDU and then it's something to do with activating alternate. This will put a discontinuity in and have your alternate airport under it for you to set up the route and approach. The blue lines after LPMA is the missed approach procedure and become active when you overfly the runway without landing

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Azlog said:

As for the second point, I'm not on the sim right now but you need to press the top left soft key on the MCDU and then it's something to do with activating alternate. This will put a discontinuity in and have your alternate airport under it for you to set up the route and approach. The blue lines after LPMA is the missed approach procedure and become active when you overfly the runway without landing

Thanks for Your answer. That's right and works, but this procedure is still part of the normal flight plan. I think it's called a missed approach procedure. After that, the MCDU says ——END FLIGHTPLAN—— but then there are more lines that show the alternative route. Also written in blue. Underneath that is —- END ALTERN RTE—. I can't activate that with Direct To. I can only enter a new waypoint or a point from the active route. If I enter a new waypoint from the alternate route, it is written between the active route and then takes me back to LPMA.

Think you need to activate it as I said - but it's been a while since I tried one and not sure actually if I've done one in the v2. Will need to give it a go later

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Azlog said:

Think you need to activate it as I said - but it's been a while since I tried one and not sure actually if I've done one in the v2. Will need to give it a go later

that would be really nice. Thank you

I found out. At any waypoint on the active route, press the LSK LED and then enable alternate. I tried that, but unfortunately the cockpit froze... when I fly the missed approach procedure, the plane maintains green dot speed. Is that right? Shouldn't it normally fly the managed speed of the route?

11 hours ago, Maurice Eller said:

I found out. At any waypoint on the active route, press the LSK LED and then enable alternate. I tried that, but unfortunately the cockpit froze... when I fly the missed approach procedure, the plane maintains green dot speed. Is that right? Shouldn't it normally fly the managed speed of the route?

That's the one. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but if it caused the cockpit to freeze then there could be an issue there than needs investigated. If you are in managed mode then yes it should follow the speed of the route - unless of course the speed of the route is less than your green dot speed which I'm guessing it wasn't