LVars

Crabby

Can INI provide a list of LVARS to be used for programming AAO? 

• Like 2
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

14 hours ago, Crabby said:

Can INI provide a list of LVARS to be used for programming AAO? 

Hi Mark, which ones are you looking for? There's technically well over 1000 so if you give me a list of the ones you'd like I can provide them

2 hours ago, JoshF said:

Hi Mark, which ones are you looking for? There's technically well over 1000 so if you give me a list of the ones you'd like I can provide them

Impossible to tell because I don't know when I will run out of buttons or voice.  Everything for the FCU, FMC, Light switches, Gear, Fuel control, Fuel Levers, Master Eng MODE.  I would suggest that since INI has them in some format, like an excel, just publish all of them.  

logo_130208.png

hi

Please publish them all.. non of the standard bindings work? we can't program any buttons via fsuipc unless you publisch them.

we need electrical

AP

pumps

lights

gear

eng switches

• Like 1

I know this is not a list, and perhaps a bit more advanced but it is not that complicated after you've done it a few times.

If you want to check on your own for this or any aircraft, you can see currently active LVARs in the sim using Developer Mode, specifically via the 'BehaviourDebug' window . 

Load a flight in the simulator with desired aircraft, and in your options enable Developer Mode. Once enabled, you'll have a toolbar on the top, from which you can select 'Tools > Behaviours'.

image.png.6a3f50a2a6f44b96e06feb2aea2da8d8.png

This will open the 'BehaviourDebug' window, on which you need to select 'LocalVariables' tab.   In the filter you can enter a prefix for your aircraft for example (A320) or the dev (INI) to see a list of the active variables. You may also use other keywords to find the ones you may be looking for, and interact with relevant items to verify value changes.

image.thumb.png.c66cc0a73a2ab39b3b862cb66b5893d4.png

Additionally, you can also use the 'Behaviors' tab to find possible variables for a given interactable switch/button.

With the 'BehaviourDebug' window open, on the 'Behaviors Tab', simply hover your mouse over the desired interactable (i.e. a button/switch/lever) for which you want more information and press 'Cntrl + G'.

This will open a list of the parameters associated with this interactable, but what you are looking for is something like INPUTEVENT_VAR_NAME or KNOB_POSITION_VAR or SWITCH_POSITION_VAR that will have the name of the desired LVAR. For ease of viewing, in the Param Highlight field, type in 'VAR' so it will highlight only items with VAR in them. It may seem complicated, and will involve a bit more trial and error on your part but you will usually find what you're looking for this way. 

image.thumb.png.999b44c4684c979b18bb6d077dafcf99.png

Hope it helps.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

14 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

We'll look into publishing a list, but in the meanwhile you can do the above. Thanks!

It would have taken less time to publish the list than make that recommendation.  

• Like 2

logo_130208.png

• 4 weeks later...

@richboy2307 Hi, it has been a month since your last reply to this. Have we got any further on this matter? There are a number of people who would really appreciate getting that list of LVAR's (ALL of them) as we all have different hardware and software that we would like to utilise to enable a more immersive experience. Personally, just me, I haven't flown this aircraft (OR for that matter ANY iniBuilds aircraft) because I cannot find lists of LVAR's and I use my hardware extensively.

Surely a full list MUST exist for each aircraft? So it wouldn't be that hard to publish each one would it?

I've provided a useful guide a few posts above, that you may use to get the information you need, using tools at your disposal in the sim itself in order to setup your hardware and get flying in the absence of any such list.

There are also some publicly available at https://hubhop.mobiflight.com/presets/ if you want.

As for our own list, team's working on it and as mentioned above, we'll post when its ready.

Thanks

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

On 6/30/2024 at 7:12 AM, Hazzanz said:

@richboy2307 Hi, it has been a month since your last reply to this. Have we got any further on this matter? There are a number of people who would really appreciate getting that list of LVAR's (ALL of them) as we all have different hardware and software that we would like to utilise to enable a more immersive experience. Personally, just me, I haven't flown this aircraft (OR for that matter ANY iniBuilds aircraft) because I cannot find lists of LVAR's and I use my hardware extensively.

Surely a full list MUST exist for each aircraft? So it wouldn't be that hard to publish each one would it?

Hi, like I say here:

On 5/24/2024 at 11:28 AM, JoshF said:

There's well over 1000 (upon inspection putting the list together, its actually closer to 3000) LVARs in use in the Airbus code base, its not a case of just dumping a list of all of them, L:INI_POTENTIOMETER_18 for example wouldn't be of that much use. I concede putting the list together has taken longer than planned but I aim to have it up and published within the next couple days

• Like 1

Thanks Team for your replies!

@richboy2307 Yes, I could use the process you described (and I also have Spad.Next to assist as well) BUT it IS a really balls-aching process that takes many hours (I have done this before!) and I really think that as the developers you already have the knowledge and it would be REALLY appreciated if you could share it.

@JoshFThis L:INI_POTENTIOMETER_18 seems to be a new issue (started by Asobo/MS themselves) since MSFS launched. In previous versions of MS related flight sims you had e.g.  L:INI_A32NV2_OVRHD_LTS_DOME_KNOB or L:INI_A32NV2_MIP_LEFT_MFD_BRIGHT_KNOB (I have used INI in place of any other developer of 3rd Party aircraft). This (I would assume) would make it easier (and faster = more efficient) to make changes in the event of updates/bug fixes.

Alternatively (and I assume this is the case for your development team) there must be a list somewhere that tells you that L:INI_POTENTIOMETER_18 is the Dimmer Knob for the Pilots/Left MFD (which is what I going to assume is what you're working your way through to produce this list for us?)?

Just  a further note to my last post - I ask this of any 3rd Party aircraft developer that I communicate with with a couple of notable exceptions as they already do this as part of there development process.

1 hour ago, Hazzanz said:

Thanks Team for your replies!

@richboy2307 Yes, I could use the process you described (and I also have Spad.Next to assist as well) BUT it IS a really balls-aching process that takes many hours (I have done this before!) and I really think that as the developers you already have the knowledge and it would be REALLY appreciated if you could share it.

@JoshFThis L:INI_POTENTIOMETER_18 seems to be a new issue (started by Asobo/MS themselves) since MSFS launched. In previous versions of MS related flight sims you had e.g.  L:INI_A32NV2_OVRHD_LTS_DOME_KNOB or L:INI_A32NV2_MIP_LEFT_MFD_BRIGHT_KNOB (I have used INI in place of any other developer of 3rd Party aircraft). This (I would assume) would make it easier (and faster = more efficient) to make changes in the event of updates/bug fixes.

Alternatively (and I assume this is the case for your development team) there must be a list somewhere that tells you that L:INI_POTENTIOMETER_18 is the Dimmer Knob for the Pilots/Left MFD (which is what I going to assume is what you're working your way through to produce this list for us?)?

Yes I am working my way through the aircraft compiling the list 🙂 

Unfortunately the server issues the other day and other work I have has pushed publishing it back slightly, but once it is done once; a lot of it will be easily convertible for our entire fleet and will be published earlier going forwards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2024 at 3:32 PM, JoshF said:

Yes I am working my way through the aircraft compiling the list 🙂 

Unfortunately the server issues the other day and other work I have has pushed publishing it back slightly, but once it is done once; a lot of it will be easily convertible for our entire fleet and will be published earlier going forwards

Hi Josh, I've just arrived here to see if there might be any content/lists as you've mentioned you've been working on. Our friend Guenseli on Flightsim.to who creates very popular Stream Deck profiles for your products, has been working overtime releasing updates to all the changes that have been made in the A300 update. Anything you can share at the moment? 

Thanks

Edited by homerunhallock

5 hours ago, homerunhallock said:

Hi Josh, I've just arrived here to see if there might be any content/lists as you've mentioned you've been working on. Our friend Guenseli on Flightsim.to who creates very popular Stream Deck profiles for your products, has been working overtime releasing updates to all the changes that have been made in the A300 update. Anything you can share at the moment? 

Thanks

Hi,

Not an exhaustive list of course, but here's the first draft, let me know if there's anything missing from here that you would like to see added 🙂

neo LVARs.xlsx

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 3:13 AM, JoshF said:

Hi,

Not an exhaustive list of course, but here's the first draft, let me know if there's anything missing from here that you would like to see added 🙂

neo LVARs.xlsx 19.7 kB · 7 downloads

Hey Josh, just noticed that the sheet you shared is for the a320neo, did you also have one going for the a300, or are they the same?

On 7/29/2024 at 1:51 AM, homerunhallock said:

Hey Josh, just noticed that the sheet you shared is for the a320neo, did you also have one going for the a300, or are they the same?

A lot of them are the same with regards to the FCU especially. If there are any you're needing for A300 let me know. I will be putting a list together for A300 but I can't give a timeline as I am currently very busy on other projects. Moving forward, I hope to have lists ready to go for aircraft launches