A different problem loading a simbrief flight plan ("pending")

Grolbu

Everything imports into the EFB no problem at all, but when I try to import my simbrief plan into the FMC it just shows PENDING and everything stops working. I can press buttons and they go click, but they don't actually do anything. Both FMCs are unresponsive, I can't change which system is displaying on the info screen, twiddling knobs on the autopilot doesn't do anything, it's like everything that displays anything is frozen.

I let it sit for a while and browsed here to see if I could see anyone else having this issue, then I exited the sim and deleted the work folder and tried again, nope. Then I went and flew a different plane.

Any ideas ?  This is the first time I've ever tried the A300 (talk about memorable first impressions!) so it's quite possible I'm doing something wrong.

Cheers

Screenshot - 15_04_2024 , 10_06_22 pm.png

Hi, could you answer the following questions:

1. What was the Simbrief flightplan that you are using?
  2. Are you using Navigraph or default navdata in your sim?
  3. Are you able to import that plan on the EFB (My Flight app)?
  4. If you try with a different route, are you still noticing the same problem?
  5. Is this happening on a specific variant (GE/PW or PAX/FREIGHT) or equally on all?

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester

I only tried one route and one variant (GE Pax from memory) - by the time I thought of mixing it up the other plane was in the air. I'll give that a try this afternoon. I'm using navigraph on the current airac, and the plan imported into the EFB with no problems.

Before it gets lost in the pile, here's the route.

Cheers

LFMNLIEO_PDF_1713194949.pdf LFMNLIEO01.fpl

I tried all 4 variants, the PW-pax loaded it with no problems once, everything else including the PW-Pax the other times locked up.  Then I tried loading a different plan at a different airport, no luck. I'm out of time for now but I guess the next thing to try is to empty the community folder of everything except this plane ?

@richboy2307 pretty sure I have found the problem. 

If I generate the simbrief flightplan without a detailed navlog the A300 hangs when importing it. If I restart the flight and while that's chugging through I go back to simbrief and edit / generate the flight plan again but this time with detailed navlog turned on, the A300 imports it just fine.

Assistance shout out to Fenix, the A320 imported the basic flightplan last night with no problems but couldn't load any wind information, after thinking about that for a while I turned on detailed navlog and tried again and it worked. Took about 12 hours after that for the light bulb to go on that the basic OFP did not have all the info that the A320 was expecting and maybe this was tripping the A300 up.

Oh wow, thanks for reporting back. 

I was not able to reproduce your issues with the routes you had mentioned so wasn't sure what could be going wrong.

But yes just tested and confirmed the same problem upon importing a plan dispatched *without* a detailed navlog. I'll log the issue.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester