All sorts of problems after installing scenery

LukeFF

So, after I installed this airport yesterday, MSFS has suddenly decided I need all of these mandatory updates. What happened is the following:

• Downloaded the iniBuilds JFK airport and enabled via Addons Linker.
  • Uninstalled the stock Asobo JFK airport.

After that, suddenly MSFS said I needed these mandatory updates and after I downloaded several gigabytes of them, I was told on the main screen there were essential updates I needed to add, even though my content manager shows no such updates needed and my game updated to the latest version.

Long story short, I performed a clean reinstall of MSFS and everything looked to be back to normal, until about 30 minutes later it started over with the same original problem. So, right now I am in the midst of reinstalling another 130 GB of updates.

So is it coincidental or would the uninstallation of the stock JFK cause all these issues?

MSFS will update the Asobo KJFK airport. If it was deleted via Profile, Content, Manager then it still not installed anyway but updated. Check from Profile, Content, Manager, Not Installed: to see if Asobo KJFK is available to install. Otherwise, you need to go back to Profile, Content, Manager, Installed: to find Asobo KJFK and delete it.

Be warned that IniBuilds KJFK has bumpy issues on runways not resolved yet since the released time.

Pat

So, the thing is that I did uninstall it from Content Manager, but it's still giving me problems. Would the associated landing challenge also cause issues if that is installed but the Asobo airport is not?

I am just trying to get out of this cycle of downloading content when everything else in the game is up to date. 

Finally got my copy of MSFS up and running again, with the iniBuilds airport in place, but I am not touching anything with the Asobo one for now. I did a check and didn't notice any issue with having both airports installed at the same time, so there is at least that - the iniBuilds one is fully rendered as expected.

8 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Finally got my copy of MSFS up and running again, with the iniBuilds airport in place, but I am not touching anything with the Asobo one for now. I did a check and didn't notice any issue with having both airports installed at the same time, so there is at least that - the iniBuilds one is fully rendered as expected.

Cool! you sorted out. I will install Asobo KJFK back to see if I have runways bumpy issues. IniBuilds recommends deleting the Asobo KJFK. That's weird but testing later.

Pat

Yes, I'm going to live on the edge and see if deleting both the landing challenge and the airport causes any issues. 😄 I think that all along that was the problem - since the airport wasn't installed the game was wanting to download all this extra content that was missing. 

I just found the Asobo KJFK challenge wasn't installed neither so, I did another test with IniBuilds KJFK and I don't understand how come the bumpy runways became fixed. For how long? You never know. So, in my system the Asobo KJFK and KJFK challenge are not installed. I am not convinced really the KJFK in question became fixed. I will run more tests with.

Pat