Profile mode randomly disengaging

LukeFF

Flying KPHX to KLAX tonight, and when I was descending in Profile mode, the Profile mode would automatically disengage and I would hear the three chirps whenever we neared our new desired altitude. It happened at least two or three times. 

Three chirps are the alarm for a/p disconnect.  Check ALL your bindings.  MSFS loves to double bind things across multiple to help us simmers out.  Most of the time we don't know 100% what is bound to what. 

You may have something bound to the A/T disco that you are unaware of.  I have also heard of this happening with the Thrustmaster airbus system again due to what automatically set "suggestions" are assigned when you first plugged that in.  

I got away completely from the in sim control bindings.  Mine are all blank except for view commands.  I use Axis and Ohs.  Early on in MSFS I got tired of constantly searching for "helpful" default bindings and the problems that early updates had of messing up controller profiles.  Some use SpadNext to do the same thing.  

I can tell you that I have never had a problem with a spurious trip of the A/T on this plane. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Three chirps are the alarm for a/t disconnect.  Check ALL your bindings.  MSFS loves to double bind things across multiple to help us simmers out.  Most of the time we don't know 100% what is bound to what. 

You may have something bound to the A/T disco that you are unaware of.  I have also heard of this happening with the Thrustmaster airbus system again due to what automatically set "suggestions" are assigned when you first plugged that in.  

I got away completely from the in sim control bindings.  Mine are all blank except for view commands.  I use Axis and Ohs.  Early on in MSFS I got tired of constantly searching for "helpful" default bindings and the problems that early updates had of messing up controller profiles.  Some use SpadNext to do the same thing.  

I can tell you that I have never had a problem with a spurious trip of the A/T on this plane. 

logo_130208.png

Well crap, tried to edit a/p for a/t and it posted twice.  Anyhow, a/t disco is what I meant. 

logo_130208.png

Thanks, but I have triple-checked my bindings and have nothing double-bound or bound to a controller that I didn't previously know about. That said, yes, MSFS does need to do a better job with this. For months I was going mad trying to figure out why the G36 Bonanza wanted to pull left whenever it was taxiing until I realized it was because I bound the nosewheel axis to use with the FBW A320.

On 2/12/2024 at 8:48 AM, Crabby said:

I use Axis and Ohs.

Yes, that's on my short list of things I need to finally download and install. Too many slots on my controllers are going unused right now that I could use.

4 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Yes, that's on my short list of things I need to finally download and install. Too many slots on my controllers are going unused right now that I could use.

You will love AAO.  I think SpadNext will do this too, but I know for sure AAO remembers what profile you want to use down to the individual livery of an airplane.  So you never have to worry about activating or deactivating in sim profiles again.  

logo_130208.png