FMC TO/APPR page - ZFW discrepancy between EFB and FMC input

cconesa

These may or may not be issues but worth pointing out:

1. I mistakenly pushed the TO/APPR button in the FMC whilst I was setting up the aircraft for taxiing. Once pushed, there was no way to get back to the TO page and remained in APPR mode. Is that how it is meant to be or is it something that needs to be looked at?

2. When simbrief is downloaded into the EFB, at setting up time in the FMC, pushing the ZFW key brings the estimated ZFW in the EFB but the number is off by approx -400KG. Of course, the correct weight can be input into the FMC but there may be an issue when the ZFW is blank, the key is pressed, and the FMC reads an incorrect number.

All the best!

1. If I am not mistaken, re-adding your cruise level altitude should deactivate your APPR mode. 

2. Maybe your Simbrief profile is off a bit. Check the latest simbrief profiles from inibuilds in the FAQ section. There is a difference in the weight beween the Pax and Cargo aircrafts. I had similar issue and it turned out it was because I didn't have the last profile update with the correct weights.

28 minutes ago, sunnya said:

1. If I am not mistaken, re-adding your cruise level altitude should deactivate your APPR mode. 

2. Maybe your Simbrief profile is off a bit. Check the latest simbrief profiles from inibuilds in the FAQ section. There is a difference in the weight beween the Pax and Cargo aircrafts. I had similar issue and it turned out it was because I didn't have the last profile update with the correct weights.

The official simbrief profiles are incorrect as they have the wrong OEW. So if using the official profile you need to edit that value.

Not a Simbrief issue. The weights are correctly loaded into the EFB, is the FMC LSK when pushed in blank, puts in a ZFW that is 400KG below the ZFW shown in the EFB, in other words, there is discrepancy between the ZFW in the EFB and the one detected by the FMC. If you can check, inibuilds, it will be appreciated.

Best!. 

Edited by cconesa

1 hour ago, cconesa said:

Not a Simbrief issue. The weights are correctly loaded into the EFB, is the FMC LSK when pushed in blank, puts in a ZFW that is 400KG below the ZFW shown in the EFB, in other words, there is discrepancy between the ZFW in the EFB and the one detected by the FMC. If you can check, inibuilds, it will be appreciated.

Best!. 

This is also an issue yes, but if you look at the ZFW given in simbrief and the one in the EFB, they also do not match. the OEW of the aircraft in the simbrief profile is incorrect. You can check this my removing all fuel and payload and look at the weight, it doesn't match the OEW in the official simbrief profile. At least not in the Freighter version.

TBH, I've given up looking at weights in Simbrief and compare it with the date in the EFB. All I'm interested to check is that the load carried matches what I had set up in simbrief and that all other weights are not off by much.

You can always make your own edit of the simbrief official profile and correct what you feel is wrong.

Going back to my original post: "The weights are correctly loaded into the EFB, is the FMC LSK when pushed in blank, puts in a ZFW that is 400KG below the ZFW shown in the EFB, in other words, there is discrepancy between the ZFW in the EFB and the one detected by the FMC. If you can check, inibuilds, it will be appreciated."

• 2 weeks later...