Go-around issues

LukeFF

When performing a go-around after a missed approach, I cannot seem to get the plane to hold a steady altitude, even though I've dialed in a low altitude per the missed approach instructions on the approach plate and engaged altitude hold. Is there a certain procedure I should follow in times like this?

Thanks, it just seems really strange - I've been engaging TOGA but even still, the plane just wants to climb and climb, and no altitude setting will seemingly change this. Will keep trying to see if it is something I am doing wrong

@Nico - Gumby, I take that back - I am trying an approach into KMEM right now, and the damn plane won't descend properly to the approach and is now climbing instead of descending. Something is seriously screwed up - no matter if try level change, vertical speed, etc, it's stuck in a climb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 3:16 PM, Nico - Gumby said:

Sounds like you nearly stalled and THR L activated. But without a video / screenshots it's difficult to say.

Maybe, but it's been so long now I don't remember. 😄 But I've made a mental note to keep an eye out for problems with this in the future.