v1.0.3 AP Panel Integral Lights Bug?

dectenor1

At the moment the knob immediately below the AP panel is dimming both the windows on the AP panel for speed, altitude, heading etc., and the integral lights on that same panel. So there currently is no way to turn off the integral lights without turning the windows off and therefore not being able to see what is selected.

Is there another knob that should be dimming the AP panel integral lights?

I notice the light controls knob on the pedestal has one dial for PED & PNL, and one dial for OVHD, is it possible this knob should also be dimming the AP panel and this is what the PNL stands for, whereas at the moment it is only dimming the pedestal?

Thanks

26 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Nope, that appears to be the way it works.

Thai Airways - Google Drive and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft Edge 1_20_2024 7_51_21 PM.jpg

OK awesome, I am not sure, that's why I put a question mark!

So there is no way to turn off the integral panel lights on the FCU panel unlike all the other integral panel lights in the flight deck?

14 hours ago, dectenor1 said:

OK awesome, I am not sure, that's why I put a question mark!

So there is no way to turn off the integral panel lights on the FCU panel unlike all the other integral panel lights in the flight deck?

It appears that Airbus learned a lesson in subsequent generations of aircraft.  The A320 series has a knob for both the integral and window lights.  I asked this same question early on and @ual763 actually turned me on to this page of the FCOM. 

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Yes, it clearly should control display windows and the green bars on the FCU switches (not sure if this is simulated by INI or not).  What is not clear from any of the manuals, is if this also controls the integrated panel lighting.  One manual just says “integral lighting”, but then another manual (this one) defines integral lighting as the windows and the switch light bars.  A real life A300 pilot would have to comment on if this knob also controls the panel integral lighting.  

Robert Schumacher

3 hours ago, virtualstuff said:

afbeelding.thumb.png.ac080bada354f8d457edf741e321cf5f.png

This version of the FCOM manual also does not mention the panel integral lighting - just the integrated lighting in windows and pb switches.  So the question still remains for any who fly this in real life, does the knob also control the integral panel (backlighting) on the FCU?

Robert Schumacher

That's why I shared this version maybe ini has some RW A300 guys on the beta team 😉
Don't think the RW guys are floating around here to busy flying in the RW...

Both FCOM share the same info what i would expect.

Edited by virtualstuff