Overspeed VLE......250

Larry77W

ECAM?  What page on the ECAM should Vle be on?  Are you sure you mean ECAM (Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitoring System)?  That is where the door, electrical, system, flight controls etc show up on the screen to the bottom right of the engine cluster.  I can't find any FCOM mention of Vle being shown there.  Screen shot would be good.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

17 minutes ago, Crabby said:

ECAM?  What page on the ECAM should Vle be on?  Are you sure you mean ECAM (Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitoring System)?  That is where the door, electrical, system, flight controls etc show up on the screen to the bottom right of the engine cluster.  I can't find any FCOM mention of Vle being shown there.  Screen shot would be good.  

😄

When in an overspeed condition.... forgot to specify

1 hour ago, Larry77W said:

😄

When in an overspeed condition.... forgot to specify

That would be on the warning panel at the knee of the captain.  I will check this next flight.  

logo_130208.png

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

That would be on the warning panel at the knee of the captain.  I will check this next flight.  

Have a look at what the ECAM actually is.  The Warning page is part of the ECAM.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Larry77W said:

Have a look at what the ECAM actually is.  The Warning page is part of the ECAM.

Yes, I get that.  However the FCOM makes reference to the left display being the "ECAM" display and the right display the "Warning display".  They have a separate section of the FCOM. 

logo_130208.png

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Yes, I get that.  However the FCOM makes reference to the left display being the "ECAM" display and the right display the "Warning display".  They have a separate section of the FCOM. 

Before correcting others, please make sure you know what you are talking about....

For your reference, here is an example of an A310 FCOM I have found on smartcockpit.com, which talks about the ECAM :

GENERAL

• The Electronic Centralized Aircraft Monitor (ECAM) provides :

— Audio warnings for failures and other conditions  requiring crew action/attention.                                             

— Automatic analysis of aircraft systems failures and required procedures.

— Systems information and procedures on two display units.

2 hours ago, Larry77W said:

Before correcting others, please make sure you know what you are talking about....

For your reference, here is an example of an A310 FCOM I have found on smartcockpit.com, which talks about the ECAM :

GENERAL

— Audio warnings for failures and other conditions  requiring crew action/attention.                                             

No kidding? Really?  Wow.  Ok let me re-state what I said.  YES it is part of the ECAM.  YES there are two displays.  The right one is referred to as the ECAM display.  It is ECAM only.  Press a button and see the doors.  See the APU, check the electrical bus.  The LEFT display is referred to as the WARNING display.  It gives you some setting information, like anti-ice is on, take off settings are normal or not AND WARNING message like, oh crap captain the cabin pressure is fubar, hey captain, don't look now but there is an electrical issue.  YES they are both part of the ECAM SYSTEM, however the two displays, pardon the redundance, display two different types of information from the ECAM system.  On my post, I did get my left and right mixed up.  Left is WARNING display, right is ECAM display. 

logo_130208.png

2 hours ago, Larry77W said:

GENERAL

I have one of those two, but I read the whole thing.  Any more questions?

Thai Airways - Google Drive and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 1_19_2024 6_00_51 PM.jpg

Thai Airways - Google Drive and 1 more page - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 1_19_2024 6_01_23 PM.jpg

logo_130208.png

BTW, on my last flight, I could not replicate.  I very rarely have problems with Vle and I had to force it.  I may not have done it right.  However, I am ok waiting for ini to "fix" it if determined broken.  It won't matter to me either way because I can fly it without hitting Vle.  I put the gear up on positive rate and down about 3-5 nm from landing when I go flaps full. 

logo_130208.png

The only positive thing about this exchange is that you learned something....

On the other hand, I'm still waiting for inibuilds to check this for me, so that this great piece of software can be even better.

And Crabby....I've spent about 4000 hours in the left hand seat of an Airbus (granted, not the A300). So you can try and talk down to me all you like, I don't really mind. It is quite entertaining 😉

29 minutes ago, Larry77W said:

And Crabby....I've spent about 4000 hours in the left hand seat of an Airbus (granted, not the A300). So you can try and talk down to me all you like, I don't really mind. It is quite entertaining 😉

Well darn.  I would have expected you to know the difference between the warning panel and the ECAM or sometimes called the ECAM status panel or at the very least how to read the entire FCOM.  Saw your pic.  Yea, I would only be in that situation if I was in an uncontrolled dive and trying it as a last resort.  No wonder I don't see those things.  Also unsure why such an accomplished pilot would need to reference an A310 FCOM.  Granted the systems are very much alike, but I would have searched for the A300 FCOM.  

Edited by Crabby

logo_130208.png

43 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Well darn.  I would have expected you to know the difference between the warning panel and the ECAM or sometimes called the ECAM status panel or at the very least how to read the entire FCOM.  Saw your pic.  Yea, I would only be in that situation if I was in an uncontrolled dive and trying it as a last resort.  No wonder I don't see those things.  Also unsure why such an accomplished pilot would need to reference an A310 FCOM.  Granted the systems are very much alike, but I would have searched for the A300 FCOM.  

You really have no idea what you are talking about, and it must be pretty entertaining for the people reading this thread.

You keep trying and failing miserably to explain what the ECAM is. Stick to what you know. 

Oh and yeah, for the screenshot I put the gear down and pushed the nose over to generate the warning. What's your point ? That you are an amazing virtual pilot ? Good for you, I'm sure you make AVA proud.

And yes I am using an A310 fcom, as it's the closest I've found. Want to share your Thai A300 AOM with us ?

58 minutes ago, Larry77W said:

And yes I am using an A310 fcom, as it's the closest I've found. Want to share your Thai A300 AOM with us ?

Ahh, you shouldn't need it.  The screen names on that are all messed up, so I was told.  It has the same description of the ECAM SYSTEM that I gave, so I don't want to confuse you.  It must be wrong.  

logo_130208.png

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

Ahh, you shouldn't need it.  The screen names on that are all messed up, so I was told.  It has the same description of the ECAM SYSTEM that I gave, so I don't want to confuse you.  It must be wrong.  

What a surprise ! 

Thanks for your contribution for this thread. You have brought absolutely nothing to it, with an overconfidence that is astonishing. 

Take care Crabby.