ILS / ADF in PFD screen

cconesa

Hi,

Is there any way to disable the ADF needles in the PFD screen when using the ILS approach if the beacon stations are tuned?. Doing an IGS13 approach to Kai Tak I noticed that the two ADF's used (SL abd SC beacons) are shown in magenta and blue direction lines in the PFD but then the ILS line is shown as blue but the middle part as magenta, making it really confusing to aim the ILS patch properly. Is that how it is intended / real life?. In all the airplanes I have flown in FS, the ILS line is always magenta. Please advise, thank you.

Do you mean the Nav Display (ND).  The PFD is the artificial horizon and speed tape.

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

43 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Do you mean the Nav Display (ND).  The PFD is the artificial horizon and speed tape.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Using the FD in arc or rose mode show these colour combinations (which I believe may be wrong):

ADF1 needle: Magenta

ADF2 needle: Green

ILS: Cyan with the center (ie course deviation from ILS) in magenta colour

I'm pretty sure that ADFshould be cyan and ILS all in colour magenta

2 hours ago, cconesa said:

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Using the FD in arc or rose mode show these colour combinations (which I believe may be wrong):

Ok, but you said PFD.  

1. Detune the ADF units.  In other words, change the frequencies so they are not receiving an active frequency. This is as simple as spinning the knob just a digit. 

2. Unless you have a PFD/FD failure, you should be "flying the needles" (the flight directors) on an ILS approach.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

On 1/5/2024 at 11:05 PM, cconesa said:

Thanks, we will check and correct if wrong 🙂