INIT no next page

Rene Feijen

Hi

I sometimes, seeming randomly, after starting up the plane and configuring the FMS can not go to the second INIT page to put in ZFW etc. What am I doing wrong?

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

Are your engines started when this happens?  If you forget this page before you start the engines, you don't get a do over after they are started. 

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

13 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Are your engines started when this happens?  If you forget this page before you start the engines, you don't get a do over after they are started. 

Ah, that must be it, will check, thanks!!

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

24 minutes ago, Rene Feijen said:

Ah, that must be it, will check, thanks!!

I wish I could say I remembered this from the FCOM, however, what really happened is I was taxiing out at KRNO and noticed that my CG was not displaying.  I got in a hurry and skipped the flow.  So, no traffic on VATSIM at the moment, I shut down the engines on the taxiway and filled in the INIT page 2, restarted the engines and took off.  Before doing that, I kept trying to go to INIT page 2 and of course it would let me.  Only gained access by shutting down the engine. 

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

4 hours ago, Crabby said:

I wish I could say I remembered this from the FCOM, however, what really happened is I was taxiing out at KRNO and noticed that my CG was not displaying.  I got in a hurry and skipped the flow.  So, no traffic on VATSIM at the moment, I shut down the engines on the taxiway and filled in the INIT page 2, restarted the engines and took off.  Before doing that, I kept trying to go to INIT page 2 and of course it would let me.  Only gained access by shutting down the engine. 

For future reference, no need to shut down the engines, you can always enter the CG under PROG --> FUEL PRED 🙂

• Like 2