Moving scenery to a different drive

Hello All,

Currently my Community folder is on my C drive along with MSFS. All my iniBuilds scenery are located here. To free up disk space and us MSFS Addons Linker, can I move these to the E drive? If so, do I need to point the iniManager to that folder so as to make use of the Configuration manager?

I also want to install directly to the E drive folder when adding new iniBuilds scenery.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

i9 10900K, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB RAM, 

I have all my addons on a different NvME than my sim and system.  I use MSFS Addons Linker for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS to manage and organize everything.  I have, on the separate drive, a folder for Airports and that folder then has subfolders for countries and in the case of the USA one folder underneath for each state.  Also one folder each for aircraft, liveries, cities etc.  However you want to organize to keep your sanity.  I use the addons linker to create the symbolic links into my community folder.  Before each flight, I "activate" a symbolic link for the aircraft, livery, two airports and any other scenery like a city, that I need for that particular flight.  This way some fubar livery or scenery I just downloaded (especially freeware) won't cause my sim to CTD on me.  Also, if I get a CTD, I have a very good idea of what the culprit was.  It takes me about 15-30 extra seconds to do this before I fire up the simulator.  This also allows me to completely empty the community folder in one mouse click.  I do this after every sim update and run the sim in what I call "virgin mode" to make sure it all fires up with no addons.  

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

41 minutes ago, Crabby said:

I have all my addons on a different NvME than my sim and system.  I use MSFS Addons Linker for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS to manage and organize everything.  I have, on the separate drive, a folder for Airports and that folder then has subfolders for countries and in the case of the USA one folder underneath for each state.  Also one folder each for aircraft, liveries, cities etc.  However you want to organize to keep your sanity.  I use the addons linker to create the symbolic links into my community folder.  Before each flight, I "activate" a symbolic link for the aircraft, livery, two airports and any other scenery like a city, that I need for that particular flight.  This way some fubar livery or scenery I just downloaded (especially freeware) won't cause my sim to CTD on me.  Also, if I get a CTD, I have a very good idea of what the culprit was.  It takes me about 15-30 extra seconds to do this before I fire up the simulator.  This also allows me to completely empty the community folder in one mouse click.  I do this after every sim update and run the sim in what I call "virgin mode" to make sure it all fires up with no addons.  

I didn't feel like it at first, and I still don't. 

But in the end it makes the long search for the culprit easier. And a lot of errors can be ruled out directly

• Like 1