Multiple Problems

Gernot

Dear team, it would be helpful if you knew how the systems work, no FMC manual, tiller settings unclear, you can't taxi to the runway. There are numerous views (CTRL+1-0), except for the EFB they seem to be aimless. You can fly the thing manually, but the ILS mode doesn't work or I'm setting something wrong. I've been flying PMDG machines for a good 20 years, so I have enough experience. I don't have the documents for the plane, or the part was published too early. You can't use it like that.

Thanks for your Support

1. Set you own views.

2. ILS works, you have to set the FDs from NAV to ILS on the glare shield

3. This is not a "PMDG machine".  The aircraft is from Airbus, the plane is an A300 not a 777.  The systems and logic are different. 

4. The documents including flows and checklist are in your aircraft folder under resources.  If you have the plane you have the docs.

5. More detailed docs are available online with a simple Google search.

I have used it for several flights now. I got the FCOM long before it was released and read through it to get a head start.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Hi Mark,

thanks for the quick support. I have only this Doc: 

E:\Addons\AIRCRAFT\AIRLINER\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600\Resources\Documentation\A300_MSFS_Manual.pdf

I can't find any reference about the FMC in this document. 

I didn't ask you to explain the difference between Boeing and Airbus, sorry, I've been flying for almost 30 years. I just wanted some more info about this particular machine. My expectations from inibuilt (I know and appreciate the quality) were a little more than just a document. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing me to the Google search, how could I, as a computer scientist, not figure it out myself.

br gernot

27 minutes ago, Gernot said:

Hi Mark,

thanks for the quick support. I have only this Doc: 

E:\Addons\AIRCRAFT\AIRLINER\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600\Resources\Documentation\A300_MSFS_Manual.pdf

I can't find any reference about the FMC in this document. 

I didn't ask you to explain the difference between Boeing and Airbus, sorry, I've been flying for almost 30 years. I just wanted some more info about this particular machine. My expectations from inibuilt (I know and appreciate the quality) were a little more than just a document. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing me to the Google search, how could I, as a computer scientist, not figure it out myself.

br gernot

1. Well I don't know how as a computer scientist you couldn't figure it out.  I am just a lowly EE.  Maybe my Googles are better. 

2. You brought up your extensive knowledge/experience with the PMDG as a way of saying "I should know how to do this so something is wrong"

3. Airbus and Boeing have been reticent to allow detailed publications with their permission since not too long after 9/11, reasons are obvious.

4. A quick search for FCOM in this forum would have revealed answers too.  Maybe that won't work for computer scientist too.  

4. If you don't want to learn how to fish, here are some fish:  Caution, it may not be apparent but the A300-600 and A310 operators sometimes had combined FCOMs because the systems are nearly identical, like the 757/767 or the A320 family. I literally searched the term A300-600 FCOM in Google.

https://www.avsimrus.com/f/documents-16/airbus-a300-fcom-57679.html

https://www.theairlinepilots.com/forumarchive/a310/a310vol1rev40.pdf

Edited by Crabby
  • Thanks 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

This is the Inibuilds forum not the PMDG forum, no need to flash credentials and speak like you're sitting on a high horse.

As for learning how the systems work I recommend A330 Driver's Youtube channel, he has multiple full flights up there already and some detailed episodes on certain parts of the flow, as well as the FMC. I found his videos to be super helpful in learning to fly this plane.