ILS Frequency Rollover Bug

Relayer2112

Hi folks, encountered the following issue.

Summary: Rotating the ILS frequency knob counter-clockwise skips the '.00' frequency.

Steps to Reproduce: Rotate ILS frequency knob counter-clockwise.

Expected behaviour: ILS frequency should decrease in steady increments and roll-over eg '.15', ;.10', '.05', '.00';.95'.

Actual behaviour: ILS frequency skips from '.05' to '.95' missing the '.00' position.

Encountered on both 1.0.0 and 1.0.1

Many thanks!

Edited by Relayer2112

To my knowledge there are no ILS frequencies that end in .00

"ILS frequencies are between 108 and 111.95, with numbers after the decimal point starting with odd numbers, and ending in 0 or 5, like 108.15, 108.30, etc. "

So you can have 111.10 or 110.15 but not 110.00

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Just to add, there are only 40 ILS channels. 

Edited by Crabby

logo_130208.png

Okay, but is it the correct behaviour that turning the knob counterclockwise from .05 skips .00 and goes immediately to .95, when going clockwise from .95 does cycle through .00? I am not talking about whether it is a valid frequency, but whether .00 should be displayed as a value.

Well, it is digital and since it is Airbus they have a habit of not doing things that can't be done.  I know you can tune 108.00 or 109.00 in the 737 but that operation is to de-tune the nav radios, so they don't receive anything.  Maybe since the ILS is separate from the nav radios this is the way Airbus did the ILS tuning.  It would make sense.  It could be a bug, but I would not jump to that conclusion yet without more information.  The important thing right now is you can tune a valid ILS channel today. 

logo_130208.png

That is still a fairly long and roundabout way of saying that you don't know either. I'm well aware of how ILS works and what valid frequencies are. My intent in posting this was to establish from Inibuilds whether the behaviour I am experiencing is correct or otherwise. If that is the correct behaviour then that's fine. Otherwise, why should I not post about a potential issue?