A300 / XBOX liveries

Leon Arndt

An unfortunate consequence of using Xbox for MSFS is that you are restricted to putting things on your system that are allowed by Microsoft.  In the case of MSFS through the MSFS store.  So...

1. There is a limit to the size of a file that can be added to the store.

2. I don't think that a developer would be able to add too many liveries with the base plane and stay below that threshold.

3. Other than what is offered in the base, you will have to pay for everything else at whatever the asking rate is. 

I have not read Ini's EULA so I do not know if folks are allowed to create liveries for their aircraft and sell them.  PMDG, for example, does not allow this.  All in all, your universe of available liveries will be smaller and cost some amount of money that PC users do not have to deal with.  Not a good thing, or a bad thing, just a consequence that comes depending on what decisions precede it. I thought about using Xbox for MSFS for about 3 seconds.  Once I read about encryption and the closed environment, I dropped that thought. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

2 hours ago, Aussiepilot said:

I have A310 liveries plus 747 freighter pack and 787 liveries and every livery looks fantastic and no hit on frame rate on my Series X.  And these packs are NOT expensive.  Happy 2024 everyone!!!!

I get it.  Not expensive is different from free or at no cost.  I never mentioned anything about frame rates.  However, for an example a few weeks ago I did a very unscientific estimation of how much I would have spent on liveries had I uses Xbox as I was contemplating prior to the release of the sim.  It would be easily a hundred dollars to acquire what I currently have, and I would be paying for packs that I would only use one or two liveries. 

logo_130208.png

1 hour ago, Aussiepilot said:

Oh liveries are certainly very affordable!  And an Xbox Series X is FAR more affordable than a PC.  Happy 2024.

It may be, but I am willing to pay to not have my sim wholly controlled by others. 

logo_130208.png