Weird black patch on top of the cockpit

cptalpdeniz

Hello, I just wanted ask if I'm doing something wrong. I just finished painting PAX version of our VA. I used the FUSE PSD and exported it correctly (can see the livery in MSFS). However there is a black patch of weird texture on top of the cockpit. Check images below. I couldn't find where this is, can you help me out please?

image.thumb.png.e244fdf811ee58d4e5b63a48fd332252.png

image.thumb.png.62b54dbf241400cdf5ce26f52a9e8544.png

I suspect that you based your paint on the inibuilds UPS paint, as it has a rough patch up there that you can clearly see in the COMP map

spacer.png

There are a few ways to fix...the easiest is to use the A300_PAX_FUSE_1001_COMP.PNG.DDS file from another paint, not the UPS.

Just now, Stevedra said:

I suspect that you based your paint on the inibuilds UPS paint, as it has a rough patch up there that you can clearly see in the COMP map

spacer.png

There are a few ways to fix...the easiest is to use the A300_PAX_FUSE_1001_COMP.PNG.DDS file from another paint, not the UPS.

I will check this out, thank you!

The only other thing is that some devs put a "patch" in that area to paint in the reg you sometimes see above the cockpit window.  Its usually a file with an alpha layer you paint on and it puts to reg there.  This is typically done becuase there is a lot of warping in that area.

I have not found that on this plane yet...I've had the paint kit a few hours and still going thru all the maps and stuff.  Hopefully inbuilds or the painters will chime in and help

Use the models from one of the liveries we provide for download (not N692FE, N672FE, N652FE, N149UP, or B-LAP) You will see a psd in the paint kit called A300_ext_nose_gear_albd in that file the area of open space to the left of the nose gear markings will be the roof reg. If you’re not using it then just make sure it’s transparent.