A300-600R(F) MSFS - Brake fan and PROF mode

GGlima99

Good evening!

First of all, congratulations on the launch of this amazing aircraft for the Microsoft Flight Simulator. It is for sure the most awaited add-on of the year!

I would like to report a couple of things that happened during my first flight with the A300 today.

- When reaching the TOC the aircraft went from SPD and ALT managed in PROF Mode and went to ALT HLD and SPD Select. It does not match Airbus' philosophy when operating in Managed mode. FMS CRZ ALT was set equal to the MCP.

- The sound of the drag caused by the spoilers starts when deployed and then simply stops working even when the spoilers are still deployed midair.

- When I landed in SBCT today I needed to use manual brakes and use them a bit harder than normal to stop the aircraft, until here everything was as expected, the brake temperature raised as expected and reached 400°C. I waited for 5 minutes to stabilize the temperature, but when I turned the brake fans on, the brakes went from 400°C to 120°C in a matter of 5 seconds. That's not normal, is it a bug already known at the aircraft?

Thank you for your time and attention! 

Hi, 

Thanks for your post. 

-For your first point could you clarify the situation? If climbing in LVL change it would be expected to go ALT* ALT HLD and then selected speed on the FCU. If climbing in PROFILE would expect no transition mode it go directly into P.ALT and P.SPD with the speed coming from the FMS. 

-That seems like it might be a sound bug as I would expect it to stay rumbling all the time the speed brake is out. 

-I tried to replicate this but was not able to see the same cooling effect from the brake fans. I did an RTO brakes got up to 725c and I waited 5 minutes after brake application to set the brake fan and it took 6 more minutes to reach 345c. 

image.thumb.png.bf475b598e443cb561f20ec1a4435f07.png

Many thanks,