Any way to roll back to previous version?

Michael B

I recently took the EGSS (and KJFK) updates available in the inimanager app and I'm regretting it massively for STN. It has absolutely killed what was a great performing airport for me.

I used to get 45-50FPS (the best of any of my collection of inibuilds airports, which given how simple the airport is compared to the others was what I always expected). Now I get horrific lag and 25-30FPS when parked at a gate

I've taken some screenshots to show you. You can see all are in the same aircraft (PMDG 737) parked at a gate. I've done a comparison with inibuilds KJFK, KLAX and EGLL to show that it's nothing to do with my system. If I can get massively better FPS at KJFK than EGSS, something is very wrong. The EGSS screenshot is attached to this post, but due to your max attachment limit, I'll have to link the other 3 screenshots below

https://prnt.sc/1RJWN_FEH7xv

https://prnt.sc/MNnITUtolT2g

https://prnt.sc/eVvrlZnkBiH9

Can you help me roll back to the pre-update version?

Screenshot 2023-07-23 165751.png

I have the same issue, only just purchased the STN scenery last night so only used version 1.0.3 but i had the freeware scenery before and fps was fine. I have tried toggling the static aircrafts on and off same with the people and the train but still get the same FPS and posted. 

42 minutes ago, JNP737 said:

I have the same issue, only just purchased the STN scenery last night so only used version 1.0.3 but i had the freeware scenery before and fps was fine. I have tried toggling the static aircrafts on and off same with the people and the train but still get the same FPS and posted. 

Likewise, even toggling all of the performance "goodies" off in inimanager, it doesn't make a difference to the FPS. I can promise that before 1.0.3, it was a really good performance. Something fundamental has changed. I just want to roll back and I'm hoping someone from inibuilds can help me do that, as well as work out why this issue has crept in, because of couse, I'd rather be on latest software

1 hour ago, gumbyger said:

Heya!

Nothing in this version has changed other than the inclusion of Nool VDGS. There should be no differences if you deactivate that in the iniManager.

Hi, thanks for the assistance. Indeed disabling Nool VDGS made a huge difference, so it seems it was the main culprit (no idea why it could do that, but now uninstalled). My FPS has improved, but still not as good as before 1.0.3. I've lost about 5-10 FPS even with Nool removed. Still flyable but ironic that I get better FPS at KJFK than EGSS. I still think the 1.0.3 update has impacted FPS, but I have no evidence of what I used to get. You'll have to take my word for that 🙂

Screenshot 2023-07-24 162529.png

and I've just tried a different stand at EGSS and lost another 5FPS for no apparent reason by switching to the other side of the pier. This would still make EGSS the worst performing inibuilds airport I have. I would still like a way to roll back to a previous version if that's possible, even if to prove what I'm saying

Screenshot 2023-07-24 163101.png

Sorry for the 3rd message on this, but I had a thought that just disabling Nool in the inimanager might not be enough, so I removed it from my PC entirely and well, you can see the result in the screenshot below. Back to what I said I used to get with your EGSS scenery now. So my advice to anyone is to think very carefully if Nool VDGS is worth a 20-25FPS drop, because that's what it did to me! No need to answer my question about rollback now. I'm happy to have got the performance back to what it was and can see that it was neither my system, nor the scenery to blame, but Nool does need a full uninstall and not just disabling in inimanager

Screenshot 2023-07-24 164143.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1