Performance in VR and Rudder issue

RonG

Hey inibuilds.

First of all,  thanks for your fantastic plane you've created. I love flying it.

There was allready a topic because of performance in VR (from jamie13) but it got closed so i have to open a new one.

I have some issues with the P-40 i want to let you know about.

I'm using the Valve Index and have similar issues with performance. I only get about 8 to 10 fps in VR with the P-40. Other aircrafts (like 737-700, CRJ 550/700, DC-6) work great and have no performance issues. Without VR the framerate is ok.

Also when i start from the airfield the plane always turns to the left and even i use full right rudder i can't hold it on course. I'm using modern flight model and no assistant active.

My System specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

B550 Chipset

32 GB RAM

Geforce 3080TI

On 12/27/2022 at 1:38 PM, RonG said:

Hey inibuilds.

First of all,  thanks for your fantastic plane you've created. I love flying it.

There was allready a topic because of performance in VR (from jamie13) but it got closed so i have to open a new one.

I have some issues with the P-40 i want to let you know about.

I'm using the Valve Index and have similar issues with performance. I only get about 8 to 10 fps in VR with the P-40. Other aircrafts (like 737-700, CRJ 550/700, DC-6) work great and have no performance issues. Without VR the framerate is ok.

Also when i start from the airfield the plane always turns to the left and even i use full right rudder i can't hold it on course. I'm using modern flight model and no assistant active.

My System specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

B550 Chipset

32 GB RAM

Geforce 3080TI

Hey Ron, thanks for posting your issues and system specs.

Can you please post a screenshot of your VR graphics settings so we can evaluate those.

Also what hardware are you using for rudder?

Are you following the in-sim checklist or QRC's for throttle settings during takeoff or are you just using full throttle?

Full throttle, especially when pushed full from idle will cause a lot of torque effect pushing the aircraft to the left.

Also what wind settings are you using, live weather or a pre-set?

Thanks,

Ells.

Just to add a note to this, have just tested several take off's at different airports with zero wind and some with wind (5knts).

Prop RPM Lever Full Forward
Throttle Slowly increase to 50 inches

I don't get much swing once the tail comes up but do sometimes have to dance on the rudder pedals with wind which is to be expected.

Hey Ells.

Thanks for your message.

I use the Thrustmaster TPR as rudder input.

Wheather settings are most of the time live wheater.

Are you following the in-sim checklist or QRC's for throttle settings during takeoff or are you just using full throttle?

To be onest i didn't follow the in-game checklist and did a full throttle takeoff.

I will try that and will give some feedback.

Here are my VR settings.

image.thumb.png.b83b834a9b057961f02d28dbe53ff698.png

image.thumb.png.afba4fbfeaaea2f9886a3830ce6e6d16.png

image.png

image.png

On 1/3/2023 at 5:35 PM, RonG said:

Hey Ells.

Thanks for your message.

I use the Thrustmaster TPR as rudder input.

Wheather settings are most of the time live wheater.

To be onest i didn't follow the in-game checklist and did a full throttle takeoff.

I will try that and will give some feedback.

Here are my VR settings.

image.thumb.png.b83b834a9b057961f02d28dbe53ff698.png

image.thumb.png.afba4fbfeaaea2f9886a3830ce6e6d16.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks for the VR settings. DLSS and set to quality will hammer your VR headset a little, however you said you don't see drop in other planes so that's interesting. The P40 has been optimised a lot for VR and I have a Quest 2 and get a lot higher frames than that, will look into it more.

Yes I'd follow the in-sim checklists for take-off, cruise and landing throttle/manfold/rpm settings.

Also depends on your live weather but sounds like you had some cross-wind as well, not seeing any issues our end.

You were right. To follow the checklist and gently use the throttle fixed it. 🙂Thx for the hint. I was so focused on that issue that i didn't think about the simple things.

About VR, I get around 27 - 30 fps with these settings in the planes i've mentioned. When i load in the P-40 its almost a frame by frame show. So something causes a high load. I will try to adjust the VR settings and have a look if there is an option that causes the drop.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 10:39 AM, RonG said:

You were right. To follow the checklist and gently use the throttle fixed it. 🙂Thx for the hint. I was so focused on that issue that i didn't think about the simple things.

About VR, I get around 27 - 30 fps with these settings in the planes i've mentioned. When i load in the P-40 its almost a frame by frame show. So something causes a high load. I will try to adjust the VR settings and have a look if there is an option that causes the drop.

Thanks for the feedback