DA40NG - a few items for the design team

Jos

Hello all,

I fly the Diamond DA40NG since March 2021 in the real world. On my Windows computer I train my procedures in Virtual Reality with X-plane 11 and now with X-plane 12. The update (DA40 v1.2.0)  is a major step forward compared to the previous version. Congratulations!

Dec 16 2022

I would like to pass on a few things that are missing (hopefully for a next update):

- i do not see external Strobe lights and Position lights or landing lights

- In the screen Weight, Balance & Fuel there is nothing to put on data for weight concerning the pilot & passengers load

- When the Engine Master comes on, there is no message in the PFD "GLOW ON" (in real world we only set the start key ON after the Glow On message disappears from the PDF screen. The other annunciations are doing fine.

- When the pitot heat is turned on you see no changes in the battery voltage

Dec 17 2022

A Minor Update bug fix from X-plane 12 and the following happened:

• I see that the buttons/knobs (on both sides) of the PFD and MFD have disappeared - see attached screenshot. This is when you click those screens to enlarge. Yesterday this was not there but today a small update was done by X-plane 12 which may have caused this problem on your software of the DA40 v1.2.0

PFDMFD buttons.jpg

Thanks! I'll log some of these and send Brady the rest.

5 hours ago, Jos said:

I see that the buttons/knobs (on both sides) of the PFD and MFD have disappeared - see attached screenshot. This is when you click those screens to enlarge. Yesterday this was not there but today a small update was done by X-plane 12 which may have caused this problem on your software of the DA40 v1.2.0

The buttons are disabled by default because they're still a work in progress, so you will have to go into the aircraft settings & enable them there and then restart X-Plane.

• Like 1