How to create a circle to land approach in the fms

Robbiemartyn
Go to solution Solved by Robbiemartyn,

Nice video mate, however that has nothing to do with a circle to land. This is a DME-ARC procedure. A circle to land is a totaly different thing.

A DME-ARC procedure is a circle of constant radius around a VOR-DME flown in order to get established on a final course to the runway.

A circle to land is a manoeuver to land on another runway than the one you flew the approach on. It is a very short/close airport manoeuver.

Furthermore, I think you don't need to build this DME-ARC on the A310 FMS (very time consuming to build) as it should be flown by the plane despite the fact that it is represented as a straight line.

I did try a couple DME-ARC procedures and while the ND is displaying a straight line from the initial DME-ARC point to the final one, the plane is flying indeed a nice DME-ARC at the correct constant radius. You should give it a try.

Just my 2 cents...

Edited by Alexair
  • Like 1

Just tried to do the same flight to be sure.

I got your point now, the Navigraph AIRAC or the A310 (don't know which one is the culprit) is lacking the OSMOS arrival for RWY 10. Thus your decision to build the DME-ARC.

There is no STAR for RWY 10 at LGTS in the FMS. Would be good to know from inibuild if it's a navigraph issue or the A310.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexair said:

Just tried to do the same flight to be sure.

I got your point now, the Navigraph AIRAC or the A310 (don't know which one is the culprit) is lacking the OSMOS arrival for RWY 10. Thus your decision to build the DME-ARC.

There is no STAR for RWY 10 at LGTS in the FMS. Would be good to know from inibuild if it's a navigraph issue or the A310.

Do other default aircraft have STARs for rwy 10?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi everyone, .  Yeah, as I said in the video, it's not a true DME ARC as it's not based on any DME.  It's just a workaround to the fact the A310 FMC and/or SIMBRIEF is not drawing out the proper STAR/ARRIVAL.  For want of better terms I just called it a "circle to land" as the STAR requires you to fly a semi-circular path to land. thanks for all your responses.  Much appreciated.  😃🙏

• Like 1