A310/300 MSFS model

cavok84

I recently became aware of the upcoming A310 model for MSFS, and while it appears iniBuilds has plenty of A310/300 model experience, I figured I'd at least offer my assistance. 

I've flown the A310 (-200 and -300) and the A300-600F for around 11 years, and I'm currently flying the A300-600f as captain. If any assistance is needed in making the model as faithful as possible, I'd be happy to help (e.g., review the model, answer questions regarding aircraft behavior not found in the manuals, etc.)

I know I'm late to the party, but it can't hurt to ask. 

cavok

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2022 at 7:34 AM, cavok84 said:

I recently became aware of the upcoming A310 model for MSFS, and while it appears iniBuilds has plenty of A310/300 model experience, I figured I'd at least offer my assistance. 

I've flown the A310 (-200 and -300) and the A300-600F for around 11 years, and I'm currently flying the A300-600f as captain. If any assistance is needed in making the model as faithful as possible, I'd be happy to help (e.g., review the model, answer questions regarding aircraft behavior not found in the manuals, etc.)

I know I'm late to the party, but it can't hurt to ask. 

cavok

Hi there terribly sorry I missed your kind offer when you posted. By this point we were indeed well past the modelling phase of the project. We will welcome feedback when the full product releases 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 5:28 AM, Lollo_B738 said:

Since the release date is set on 11Nov2022, so in 1 month, I reaaaaally think the development has come to a conclusion already.

Yeah, I figured! I heard about the release way too late to be of any use but given that models like these are probably subject to patches and revisions, I thought it might be worth putting the offer on the table. 

On 11/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, lowpolybutt said:

Hi there terribly sorry I missed your kind offer when you posted. By this point we were indeed well past the modelling phase of the project. We will welcome feedback when the full product releases

Absolutely awesome job! What impressed me right away was that the plane actually feels like a 310 (in the context of how MSFS flies), especially compared to the other airliners. 

The cockpit and overhead are beautiful, the switch functionality and ECAM logic are great, and the model is gorgeous.

I still have a lot to figure out with the control side of the model, as I'm far from an MSFS pro (just play for fun occasionally and have a pretty basic stick/throttle/rudder setup), but I have noticed a handful of issues/errors (mostly how the automation/FMS/switch & systems logic interrelate). Nothing more than nitpicking given the enormity of the challenge. In reality, from an automation and systems perspective, the 300/310 is a very quirky airplane. Manuals are often incomplete or misleading when it comes to certain behaviors. The jet is not only within the lineage of Airbus's first jet, but it's also a hybrid cockpit (glass/dial and FMS) that removed the engineer (further increasing the complexity of systems' interrelation) -- all while running on the equivalent of a Commodore 64 processor!

Are you interested in detailed feedback? 

If so, I'm happy to go through everything and pass along what I see. Can you tell me what ECAM version the team used? I don't have the sim in front of me at the moment, but it's also pre-GPS and non-FADEC engines, correct?

4 hours ago, cavok84 said:

Disregard, I just pulled it up and it appears the FMS does have GPS. Any plans to release FedEx livery for MSFS?

The only liveries provided by us are the ones available in the base package; I'm sure the community has already made a FedEx livery somewhere, I know I've seen DHL liveries floating about. And yes please, any feedback you have we will take on board!