Bad performance Just me? Possible Fixes? Otherwise looks FANTASTIC! Great Job!

McBookie

System Specs are Ryzen 3600x Paired with a 3070FE and the game is loaded onto and NVMe drive. 

I sit around 10-15 frames max with some spikes up to 20-25. 

I sit at a comfortable 35-40 at a big airport like Brussels for example. I have tried messing with the settings all night to no avail, it did get more frames out of the sim everywhere else while still looking great but KSAT still has bad frames. 

Thanks Yall! 

It’s not just you. I too am experiencing dismal performance at this field with terrible stutters. I can run my Fenix at FlyTampa KBOS at about 25-30 FPS, and I get mid to high teens at KSAT.

Chewwy94 was also having pretty lousy performance this morning during his stream.

17 hours ago, McBookie said:

System Specs are Ryzen 3600x Paired with a 3070FE and the game is loaded onto and NVMe drive. 

I sit around 10-15 frames max with some spikes up to 20-25. 

I sit at a comfortable 35-40 at a big airport like Brussels for example. I have tried messing with the settings all night to no avail, it did get more frames out of the sim everywhere else while still looking great but KSAT still has bad frames. 

Thanks Yall! 

2 hours ago, RiversEdge said:

It’s not just you. I too am experiencing dismal performance at this field with terrible stutters. I can run my Fenix at FlyTampa KBOS at about 25-30 FPS, and I get mid to high teens at KSAT.

Chewwy94 was also having pretty lousy performance this morning during his stream.

Are you both by chance using the SU10 preview build?

32 minutes ago, McBookie said:

Thank you so much y’all! Your dedication is greatly appreciated, don’t push yourself to hard and have a great weekend! 

Well, it wasn't for nothing, plenty more optimization done today, but unfortunately as per usual, the patch asobo pushed yesterday is causing this issue, unsure if you've experienced this yet, but SU 10 is completely unstable, here is a post of what is going on, you will not see it unless you are in dev mode and check both debug options for collision viewing  

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/dx12-issues-weird-graphics-glitches-stutters-in-panning/529129/135

I can only recommend waiting for asobo to fish this, which how bad it is, may actually be quick.

16 hours ago, RiversEdge said:

Nope. I’m just on whatever the latest public release is. No special mods apart from add-on aircraft like the Fenix and other sceneries.

If you have some time for some debugging, I will be around for a little while longer, have some things for you to try to get started on a fresh community structure and clear cache what not.

here's a build being pushed out here soon that has more optimizations, there will be a few updates to come with more optimizations as I find them.

Hello team,

Just to follow up: I have had the opportunity to update and flew in last night. FPS is certainly improved. I am still getting tons of stutters, particularly on short final — which tends to ruin landings. 🙂

Not sure why, really. I don’t seem to get these intense stutters at other sceneries. Maybe it’s just the San Antonio area? I should try to uninstall the scenery and fly into the default version and see if I experience the same conditions.

Thanks for the quick patch.

I'll be pushing another update today, i've tracked down the root cause of the issues, and the residual that followed. 
FPS on my end has returned to better than pre-release builds, adding more optimization to areas around the field.

To enlighten, the main cause of the issues were sloppy old terraforms, paired with the modeled highway underpass and overpass which are all road collision objects, in the middle of photogrammetry, anytime you'd look towards it, you could see the fluctuation. Happy to have minimized that drastically.

Will report back when i've pushed the update.

8 minutes ago, wickedbacon said:

I'll be pushing another update today, i've tracked down the root cause of the issues, and the residual that followed. 
FPS on my end has returned to better than pre-release builds, adding more optimization to areas around the field.

To enlighten, the main cause of the issues were sloppy old terraforms, paired with the modeled highway underpass and overpass which are all road collision objects, in the middle of photogrammetry, anytime you'd look towards it, you could see the fluctuation. Happy to have minimized that drastically.

Will report back when i've pushed the update.

Sounds great! Thank you.

I'm finalizing the uploads, here's the results on my end.

i7 7700k @4.5ghz
RTX 2080ti
32GB DDR4 
Asus Z70E

Complete stress test, kicked the graphics up to Ultra, from 2k-4k, high to ultra for everything else.
AIG traffic at 100%
in the PMDG 737-700.
And aiming toward the problem areas.

Please do report if you are still having issues after this update is released, look out for an announcement.

Fingers crossed, thanks everyone.

uz6o2CS.jpg
V4G37kM.jpg
MxjRAT5.jpg
f59rmaM.jpg
a9FYhMJ.png

Edited by wickedbacon
  • Like 1

• JoshF locked this topic
  • 1 month later...