September 19Sep 19 I only have pedals. I control the steering nose wheel and rudder with a single axis.In the settings, “Rudder Control Tiller” is set to YES.With this setting, it’s impossible to keep the aircraft runway centerline during the takeoff roll.When set to “NO,” the nose wheel turns at very small angles when taxiing to the parking area.How can I solve this problem?Maybe limit the nose wheel’s turning angle at speeds above about 60 knt with setting “Rudder Control Tiller” is set to YESOr have the ability to quickly switch between these modes...How can I do that Edited September 19Sep 19 by SMN
September 20Sep 20 Staff On 9/19/2026 at 6:12 AM, SMN said:I only have pedals. I control the steering nose wheel and rudder with a single axis.In the settings, “Rudder Control Tiller” is set to YES.With this setting, it’s impossible to keep the aircraft runway centerline during the takeoff roll.When set to “NO,” the nose wheel turns at very small angles when taxiing to the parking area.How can I solve this problem?Maybe limit the nose wheel’s turning angle at speeds above about 60 knt with setting “Rudder Control Tiller” is set to YESOr have the ability to quickly switch between these modes...How can I do thatHi,Could you try adjusting the sensitivity curve for your rudder pedals within MSFS?Thanks! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
September 21Sep 21 Author 13 hours ago, iniKyle said:Could you try adjusting the sensitivity curve for your rudder pedals within MSFS?When configuring the curve for the “Rudder Control Tiller -YES” option, you need to set it up roughly like this to achieve a more or less smooth nose wheel deflection during takeoff... which is very inconvenient (it works well with small pedal movements, but if you move them a little more, the rudder instantly turns to nearly its maximum angle), which is very inconvenient—the plane just “jerks” from side to side! Edited September 21Sep 21 by SMN
September 21Sep 21 Staff 6 hours ago, SMN said:When configuring the curve for the “Rudder Control Tiller -YES” option, you need to set it up roughly like this to achieve a more or less smooth nose wheel deflection during takeoff... which is very inconvenient (it works well with small pedal movements, but if you move them a little more, the rudder instantly turns to nearly its maximum angle), which is very inconvenient—the plane just “jerks” from side to side!Thanks for the response! I'll do som investigating on my end. Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
September 22Sep 22 Author 13 hours ago, iniKyle said:Thanks for the response! I'll do som investigating on my end.If nose wheel steering is controlled separately by the tiller and the rudder pedals, there is no problem.The tiller provides larger steering angles, while the pedals provide smaller angles.But if both are controlled through a single axis, then there are only two possible solutions:either add a manual switch for quickly switching between nose wheel steering modes (small/large steering angles)or make the switching automatic depending on speed.There are no other options!This cannot be solved by adjusting the sensitivity curve for rudder pedals ! Edited September 22Sep 22 by SMN
September 22Sep 22 Staff 9 hours ago, SMN said:If nose wheel steering is controlled separately by the tiller and the rudder pedals, there is no problem.The tiller provides larger steering angles, while the pedals provide smaller angles.But if both are controlled through a single axis, then there are only two possible solutions:either add a manual switch for quickly switching between nose wheel steering modes (small/large steering angles)or make the switching automatic depending on speed.There are no other options!This cannot be solved by adjusting the sensitivity curve for rudder pedals !Great suggestions, I'll forward this thread to the team for further review.Thanks again! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
Create an account or sign in to comment