Removing unwanted Liveries

Falcon409

Hello,

Like jankees said, that'll get rid of them showing up in the simulator indeed. aircraft.cfg is located at inibuilds-aircraft-t33/SimObjects/Airplanes/inibuilds-aircraft-t33

If you'd like to physically remove the default liveries too, you can delete the "texture.X" folders for each livery. Make sure you don't accidentally delete any base texture-folders (texture, texture.ext, texture.gse, texture.int).

Thank you! 

Eddie
Community Manager 
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

16 hours ago, jankees said:

remove them from the aircraft.cfg and they should no longer show up

That was my assumption as well. It's how I had always done it for FSX and P3D, but in MSFS it doesn't work. When I go to select a livery for the T-33 the box for that livery is still there (with the tag line showing the name of the livery) , there's just no airplane showing. I haven't found any way to eliminate the empty boxes for that livery. Apparently there's another file that still contains the information.

32 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Hello,

Like jankees said, that'll get rid of them showing up in the simulator indeed. aircraft.cfg is located at inibuilds-aircraft-t33/SimObjects/Airplanes/inibuilds-aircraft-t33

If you'd like to physically remove the default liveries too, you can delete the "texture.X" folders for each livery. Make sure you don't accidentally delete any base texture-folders (texture, texture.ext, texture.gse, texture.int).

Thank you! 

There are no texture.x folders, just the livery folders plus the ones you mentioned (ext, gse, int, texture).

3 minutes ago, Falcon409 said:

There are no texture.x folders, just the livery folders plus the ones you mentioned (ext, gse, int, texture).

The X is just an identifier to whatever livery you wish to delete. I don't know what liveries you want to remove/keep ;). 

• Like 1

Eddie
Community Manager 
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Thanks Eddie, my mistake. Actually the only livery I'm keeping from the original installation is the texture.usa. I don't have any interest in the others. I am downloading the liveries being done by the folks at SOH who are producing liveries that are more in keeping with what we remember while the T-33 was actively in the AF inventory.

• Like 1

For anyone who finds themselves with this question, here's the answer. Search for MSFSLayoutGenerator. It will be a zip file, unzip and place the exe file in the iniBuilds-aircraft-t33 folder. You should also see the layout.json file. If you have removed textures or added textures be certain the aircraft.cfg reflects the current info correctly numbered. If you have removed default textures be sure to remove the corresponding model folder as well.

Next place the MSFSlayoutgenerator.exe file in the folder with the layout.json file. Now drag the layout.json file onto the generator file and release the mouse button. The generator will update the json file with a new time stamp and you're finished.

Disregard this process for removing unwanted liveries. Something so simple should not be this difficult if not impossible. What this succeeded in doing was not only removing the unwanted liveries but also the entire exterior model. The VC is intact but viewing the exterior only shows the VC model portion. I give up.

Great model. I worked for several years on the T-33 in the late 60's so having this model come to fruition was a gift but not being able to eliminate liveries I would never use is ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...