VOR Remote Head in the T33

Dudley Henriques

Just a respectful suggestion. You may wish to do this. You might not.
Concerning the VOR head used in the T-Bird;
This is one of the old remote heads without a TO/FROM indicator. 
I'm just wondering if you might consider either adding a TO/FROM indicator to the instrument face or possibly changing the unit out for one that contains a TO/FROM indicator.
These old remote units required some fancy math work to ascertain your location after the OBS centers on the two radials available to the unit in order to nail down the right answer for the TO/FROM question.
I suggest this in the spirit that the T-Bird is SO well done that "pilots" will be wanting to use it for cross country. Having the to/from indicator available will make using the VOR a LOT easier for these T-Bird pilots.
As I said, just a respectful suggestion as handling a jet at altitude in cruise while doing fancy footwork with a VOR question might be a bit "taxing" for the "average sim pilot"
Then again, you just might like it the way it is considering the "realism context".
Dudley Henriques

Hi Dudley. Thanks for the insight.
We are currently working on the to/from flags on the OBS unit but they are proving quite the challenge to get correct.
Without promising a timeline, you should expect that functionality in another forthcoming update soon.

• Like 2

Many thanks.
You folks did great work on the old girl. It's SO good in fact that I'm sure the community will want to "fly it" cross country as well as locally. Having that To/From capability integrated into that old VOR head would really help the "youngsters" . Thank you for your interest in these small nuances that make the immersion factor all that much better for the end users.
DH