Aircraft decelerates on TWY after landing / power needed to keep it rolling

B747-8f

Posted (edited)

Hi Team,

I´ve noticed that after landing, idle power is not sufficient to keep the A300 rolling on the Taxiways. I have to apply about 30% N1 to keep the speed constant.

Before T/O, the A300 taxies without the need of power, it even accelerates with idle power so that intermittend braking is required.

As the plane has lost some considerable weight upon landing, there must be something wrong.

Thank´s for looking into it.

Best regards,

Toto

Edited by B747-8f

• B747-8f changed the title to Aircraft decelerates on TWY after landing / power needed to keep it rolling

It happens also when the aircraft came to an intermediate stop.

When accelerating to say 10kts and returning power to idle, the plane starts to decelerate again ( pretty quikly, almost 1kt per second ).

5 hours ago, B747-8f said:

No, they are disarmed during rollout when initiating manual braking

That's what I meant, though it is not just when manually braking, it is when you apply more manual pressure than the A/B is applying.  This is a way for the pilot to tell the computer "I got this now, go back to sleep".  Did you check the tires?  Not sure if blown tires are modeled but they are on other planes.  I am throwing crap against the fan because I don't see this. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png