Aircraft flying in circles

mazza90

Hi first time posting.

I'm having an issue where the aircraft starts to fly in circles randomly, have had this happen in both HDG SEL and NAV modes.

Turning autopilot off stops this but it will resume doing loops when turned back on. Also changing between HDG SEL/NAV doesn't stop it either.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Many thanks

Matt

HDG SEL means to fly the heading you have selected on the MCP.  If the heading you have selected is not right in front of you then the aircraft will turn until it gets to the heading selected.  

NAV requires that you have a selected waypoint to nav to.  For example, many RNAV approaches have a vectored component right after takeoff.  Many people put the aircraft in nav mode before takeoff expecting the plane to just roll to the waypoint.  The fact is that you would take off in HDG mode (with the heading properly selected) and then you would have to hit DCT TO, select the waypoint and then hit the NAV.  Check your paths in the ND.  If you don't have a NAV path, you can't use NAV at that time.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Sorry I didn't explain it very well. The random flying in circles has happened in both NAV mode with a route loaded in the MCDU and when in the HDG SEL mode, following the selected heading and will just turn and fly in a circle. Once it starts to do this it can only be hand flown as it will resume circles regardless of what latereral mode is selected with autopilot on.

1 minute ago, mazza90 said:

Sorry I didn't explain it very well. The random flying in circles has happened in both NAV mode with a route loaded in the MCDU and when in the HDG SEL mode, following the selected heading and will just turn and fly in a circle. Once it starts to do this it can only be hand flown as it will resume circles regardless of what latereral mode is selected with autopilot on.

I have never seen this with over 100 hours through all revisions.  Are you on PC or Xbox?  Have you calibrated your controllers?  Check in-sim bindings (I don't use them) to make sure that Asobo did not do you a favor with either bindings you don't want/need or double bindings you don't know about.  Check them ALL including keyboard and mouse.  

To try and replicate, I would need to have the exact route you entered and location and altitude along the route that it occurred.  Include SIDS and STARS.  Are you using Navigraph in the sim? (not the FMC data but the actual Navigraph in sim data, the first option on the Navigraph hub installer)

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

• 3 weeks later...

Today a first flight after latest update from EGLL (iniBuilds) to ESSA. Take-Off from EGLL RWY 27L - STAR BPK7G -> Take-Off -> Rotate -> Gear Up -> Autopilot -> TRP -> NAV -> PROFILE. Aircraft starts turn to left and then circle around some times and then it continues to south. I used DIR TO -> D278F and plane turn towards to this waypoint. As D278F was reached the plane continueing stedy and not turned towards D304H.

HDG mode works but NAV mode not. Earlier version I have not any problems with this aircraft and I'm did not changed any settings in MSFS 2020 settings. Something is wrong this latest update IMO. Any idea?

1 hour ago, romoni said:

Today a first flight after latest update from EGLL (iniBuilds) to ESSA. Take-Off from EGLL RWY 27L - STAR BPK7G -> Take-Off -> Rotate -> Gear Up -> Autopilot -> TRP -> NAV -> PROFILE. Aircraft starts turn to left and then circle around some times and then it continues to south. I used DIR TO -> D278F and plane turn towards to this waypoint. As D278F was reached the plane continueing stedy and not turned towards D304H.

HDG mode works but NAV mode not. Earlier version I have not any problems with this aircraft and I'm did not changed any settings in MSFS 2020 settings. Something is wrong this latest update IMO. Any idea?

HI,

Can you reproduce this regularly? I tired this departure and the aircraft behaved as it should. 
Also, can you confirm was dataset you're using (Default of Navigraph?) 

Thanks,

17 hours ago, IniSteve said:

HI,

Can you reproduce this regularly? I tired this departure and the aircraft behaved as it should. 
Also, can you confirm was dataset you're using (Default of Navigraph?) 

Thanks,

Good morning!

Database I use is Navigraph and not any problems with that. Database should not be the problems as I try to use AP / NAV. PROFILE (VNAV) worked fine my yestarday flight. As I find time I will check if the problem continue...