[MUST READ] Very Nice Reference Points For A300-600 Devs/Fans!!

DodgyAPU

Here's a must bookmark set of stuff on the AIRBUS A300-600R!

I found a maintenance tech who post about all the things he does. He seems to work for a freight company and has content on MD11, MD10 (Retrofitted DC10), 757F, 767F but more importantly, the A300-600. He has encountered practically every malfunction you could have with it, so it's good info.

He posts on his own forum, where he goes in depth with great pics and vids of that days problem, while also engaging with his community to help discuss and fix said scumbag system (sometimes with shady shortcuts). 

All his videos are on his vimeo (link to basic eng start), which is chocked full with videos on every kind of "airplane hates me!" scenarios! The majority of these videos is himself, bupping his head of stuff, testing and swapping computers "downstairs" (avionics bay). Most of them are at least 720p, and show a lot ECAMs, button pushes, sounds, loud fans, the occasional "WTF!", "Piece of S**t!", "Come on Granddad" and "You Winged Bas***d!", good explanations of systems including their quirks and bugs, complaints about the "airbus gorillas", typical failures, typical fixes and much more!

Good videos on engine starts, fails, and almost everything you can think of.

I thought it would be a good idea to get the ini devs of the A300-600 and fans of it aware, hoping there's some good points of reference to make this add-on better with more system depth and realism for future updates!

• Like 2

Don't Forget the FIRE TEST!