A300-600R (Passenger) VERY "Important" questions.

34 minutes ago, A Niazy said:

I realized that the AC has no wing flex , is it something coming in the future?  

It does! It’s just accurate to the real AC, quite stiff, early design of wings. Go pull some serious Gs, then you’ll see.

• Like 1

Don't Forget the FIRE TEST!

On 9/12/2020 at 12:53 PM, DodgyAPU said:

It does! It’s just accurate to the real AC, quite stiff, early design of wings. Go pull some serious Gs, then you’ll see.

There’s honestly is little to no wingflex. The wings aren’t as stiff as they’re depicted. At most it seemed like they changed the position of the wing so it didn’t appear like it was pointing downward. Although the wing is tough there still should be a subtle (but still noticeable) curve when the weight is transferred from the wheels to the wings (and Vice versa). Kinda disappointed but at this point can’t do much.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This airplane had virtually no wing flex.  Flex is something that started with the 747-400, for all practical purposes.  True, all wings have a little flex to absorb turbulence, but it was not until the -400 that on a heavyweight takeoff the winglets seemed to almost touch each other above the fuselage!  This was a much newer wing design, and the 777 and 787 have it to some degree as well.  I once asked a 747-400 pilot if that airplane flew like it was suspended on a bungee cord, since that is what it looked like at takeoff.  She said no, you couldn't feel much, if any, of that from the cockpit- it just seemed like a normal airplane, so maybe the effect cannot be felt inside (I have never flown on one).

The current airplane is realistic.

• Like 1

There is always a bit, to damp out turbulence.  But when they speak of wingflex around here, they are probably referring to the very flexible wings like on the 747-400, which droop on the ground, heavy laden as they usually are with fuel; and then, when they start generating lift, flex up to an amazing degree, such that you can see both tips over the top of the fuselage when you are looking at one about to rotate!  The A-300 definitely does not exhibit this behavior, at least not in my experience which covers 9 years flying it and more years looking at it.  

Here is real and Memorex - looks pretty good to me!

016.JPG

Clipboard01.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ilia Nesterov said:

Hello everyone! How many fps are there? On the build of i5-8600k and 1060 will go more than 30 fps?

Hello,

This is difficult to say, it totally depends on other plugins / settings / custom scenery.  

Cheers,
Bart

Bart Stoop
Project Manager | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

12 hours ago, Ilia Nesterov said:

I have for example on 737-800 zido 40/38 on the ground fps. Can I expect the same fps?

You should be perfectly fine. I find the first 10 minutes after loading are a little choppy, but clears up well before you’ll be in the air. 🙂

Don't Forget the FIRE TEST!

On 10/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, Ilia Nesterov said:

Hello everyone! How many fps are there? On the build of i5-8600k and 1060 will go more than 30 fps?

With not as good a CPU and slightly better GPU I'm getting >22 FPS at worst case scenario so far (standard scenery, max 3D buildings, multiple cloud layers, traffic global at a busy airport). I'm more CPU than GPU bottlenecked so I guess you will be fine, depending on settings of course.

My setup is:  I7-3770@3.4ghz, 16gb RAM; NVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti.  This is a pretty basic setup for modern flight simulation, but it is adequate.

My graphics settings are, of necessity, no more than in the middle of the ranges; and with this, I get anywhere from 18-25fps at airports like JFK with a lot of elements in the scenery, to 25-35 at less complex places, and as much as 35-40 in areas or views without much scenery.  At these settings I have yet to encounter the time dilation effect that XPlane displays when it gets graphically stressed.