Dry Operating CG (DOCG)

Hi,

I have been looking through my real world A306F weight and balance sheets. Both paper and digital.

The real world A306F Dry Operating CG (DOCG) sits at 18.3% MAC.

It's very nose heavy due to the large fwd main deck cargo door. We have to load ballast onto the aircraft if we wish to fly 'empty', as to bring the CG towards the aft.

The Inibuilds A300 shows 35.0% MAC at DOCG (see below picture) and when you load those settings (No fuel - So ZFW as 90,000kgs) into the EFB, it sets the CG to 33.8% MAC.

It's probably not a big deal at all, but I thought I would mention it.

Cheers

Matt

1016712912_A3062.thumb.JPG.f9628510f23310474b141997db20eb41.JPG

Below - From my A306F software on my laptop.

A306.thumb.JPG.45e52910aafc5dfcba8c3dfc58a9fb0d.JPG

Edited by mattulong

Just read that back, and I think I explained myself badly on the following…. 

‘‘The Inibuilds A300 shows 35.0% MAC at DOCG (see below picture) and when you load those settings (No fuel - So ZFW as 90,000kgs) into the EFB, it sets the CG to 33.8% MAC.’’

What I meant is, I set the zero fuel weight as the dry operating weight. As to see what the A300 EFB showed the DOCG as. 

I hope that makes more sense 😊

Yep, me again. Sorry. Lol. 

I think I’ve worked it out. 
Does the Inibuilds A300 freighter have the same weight/CG setup as the passenger A300?

It would explain a lot, as the A300 freighter dry operating weight tends to be around the 83,000kgs mark. 

The passenger A300 would be around 90,000kg mark, with seats, galleys, etc. 

With a higher weight, you would get a higher index. That in turn would probably generate a more aft CG. 

Edited by mattulong

18 minutes ago, mattulong said:

Yep, me again. Sorry. Lol. 

I think I’ve worked it out. 
Does the Inibuilds A300 freighter have the same weight/CG setup as the passenger A300?

It would explain a lot, as the A300 freighter dry operating weight tends to be around the 83,000kgs mark. 

The passenger A300 would be around 90,000kg mark, with seats, galleys, etc. 

With a higher weight, you would get a higher index. That in turn would probably generate a more aft CG. 

Hi Matt, 

I can't remember off the top of my head if the manual contains this information you're looking for, and I'm not technically knowledged enough on the A306 to answer for sure from personal knowledge. I'll pass this along to the aircraft team  

• JoshF locked this topic