Multiple downloads / Updates needed

Jehudale

I experienced a few times that multiple downloads are needed. It says there is an update, it downloads something, and then without error it finishes and says there is an update. But after a few tries it worked so I never reported that.

But yesterday there I recognized something you guys should know, meybe it helps with the problems others have:

My A300 was at version 2.02 but worked so far so I didn't update yet. But after also an update for the A310 was avail I decidded to update both. Startting with the A310 it downloadded about 70 MB, instaled it and the plane was up to date. Next I started the update for the A300. It downloaded 1,9 GB, did a lot of copy and install and still said there is an update avail. So I started it again, same result. I closed the ini manager and tried again, same result. After the fourth download (1,9 GB*4!!) the update was finished. 
Interesting thing about it: I was four versions behind the actual one as far as I know and I needed four complete downloads. Just an idea.

Anyway most of the times it takes more than one download, I was suprised the A310 updated in the first pass. Maybe the user should get some more feedback from the app in case of an error. That would also help you in supporting. It just runs the same task a few times and as a user I wonder what it is doing and what failed...

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hello @Jehudale,

Thanks for your report. You should only have to update the A300 once through the iniManager, which should bring you straight from 2.02 to 2.07.

Just to make sure I understood correctly, after clicking update, the download completed, but it still showed update available within the iniManager, is that correct?

Did the version number circled in the image below change at all after updating the first or second time?

image.png

Sam Wheeler
Senior Management | iniBuilds
inibuilds.com

I have exactly the same problème for the A300, i have to download twice (full download 1.9Go) to have Inimanager saying A300 up to date.

I verify files into A300 directory (first try) and yes files are up to date, but Inimanager say than an update is available for the A300.

I relaunch the update (1.9Go) and now Inimanager say A300 is update.

All is fine for the A310.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 GO - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits - XPlane 12 on Crucial SSD 2To

Hi @Sam,

Quote "Just to make sure I understood correctly, after clicking update, the download completed, but it still showed update available within the iniManager, is that correct?"

yes, exactly.

Unfortuneately I did not recognize if the version number circled in between the updates so I can't tell.

Hi @Sam,

yesterday I had the same. Updateing A310 - worked. Updating A300 (which indicated version 2.07): Downloaded some MB, installed something, still 2.07. Closing app, retrying: Same. Starting XPLane (just main menu), closing it, trying again: worked. I don't know if the start of xplane hat something to do with it but mostly I need three downloads. Magical number....

Most of the time on those small updates I need download twice, lucky it's only few 10+mb, sometimes it could be done once, and I have one occasion yesterday have to download 3 times.

But all the invalidate download didn't have any error, just stay on "update available" state after the process bar have gone to 100% and disappeared

Hello, today same problem when downloading A300 update 2.7 to 2.08, need to download twice (12.2MB) 

For the A310, just one download was necessary.

I put some screenshots to help you.

Before update:

Capture1 before download.JPG

After first download:

Capture2 after first download.JPG

Documentation After first update:

Capture3 documentation after first download.JPG

After second update:

Capture4 after second download.JPG

Edited by Rafalec

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 GO - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits - XPlane 12 on Crucial SSD 2To

Hello Guys,

i downloaded the A300-600f version 2.08 for Xplane 11.

After i activate the software, the system request me to reload the aircraft, unfortunately after reloading it the xplane 11 crash and i have to restart the program again.

So i am unable to fly the A300 since after the activation the system doesnt want to work.

Have you experienced something like that?

Thank you