Features not working?

Aleks

I don't want to assume anything, but I had a rather.....interesting experience today.  Can I get some feedback on this please? .  You all know of the Gimli Glider of course?  Yeah, the A310 on long haul + Simbrief = fail.  I ran out of fuel and flawlessly glided my cargo hauler to Anchorage.  The problem was the A310....detailed simulation with failures is great, except that I couldn't put an oxygen mask on after losing pressurization and the screen went black until I got lower; the RAT deploy switch behind the pilot doesn't seem to actually work, and even though you have a landing gear emergency handle port I couldn't actually use it despite assigning the controls in the menu.  So I belly flopped on the runway and through a neighborhood. 

So.....are those obvious features missing, or am I missing something?  For an aircraft as detailed as this with failures, I'd hope these things would work!

Edited by Aleks
remove a line

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png

• Administrators

Hi @Aleks,

Such failures are working on the systems side of things assuming the necessary conditions are met, and you won't see them visually.

You must hold down the emergency landing gear handle to function as intended in the cockpit.

Cheers.

Max
iniBuilds | Management - Art Director
inibuilds.com

Ok, but pressing the button on the floor /  keybind did nothing.  I'm used to 'tapping' the button to release the gear as if I'm pumping it down. Is that what I did wrong? I would have at least expected to see the gear poke out a bit or the switch on the floor animate in some fashion to provide feedback.  Same with RAT deployment.

Hopefully I don't have to have this emergency again, but you never know....It's been hit and miss with Simbrief plans for me.  Some flights were perfect, others had me running on fumes.

Edited by Aleks

Aleksandar Djordjevic

WAT528.png