Runway 26R / 8L

50 minutes ago, jonezy10 said:

Msfs

So the MSFS version, at the moment I'm afraid not. Both runways are actively defined (yes we are very much aware of the reality, and the decision to do this was intentional). Since we have no way of defining which runway is active at a given moment, we had a choice to make. Either remove 8L/26R and isolate people who wanted to practice those approaches or who fly online. Or have them both on. 

If we see a piece of tech to resolve this... or see an overwhelming majority to disable it, we will certainly take a look. But for the time being, the configuration is in stone.

On 8/23/2021 at 6:09 PM, Delta_Who said:

So the MSFS version, at the moment I'm afraid not. Both runways are actively defined (yes we are very much aware of the reality, and the decision to do this was intentional). Since we have no way of defining which runway is active at a given moment, we had a choice to make. Either remove 8L/26R and isolate people who wanted to practice those approaches or who fly online. Or have them both on. 

If we see a piece of tech to resolve this... or see an overwhelming majority to disable it, we will certainly take a look. But for the time being, the configuration is in stone.

there must be a way of doing it as im sure the free gatwick has done so on his 

Adding to that, selecting which runway gets used... isn't really down to any sim varible e.g. wind. The alternate gets used in only a few situations

- (IRL) Maintenance and practice for the controller
- (IRL) Incidents or closure of the main runway

- (Sim) For funsies 😄

• Haha 1

I remember that the Aerosoft Heathrow for P3D had multiple preselects so users could chose an airport config (north departures on / south arrivals etc.)

i think it worked by including multiple AFCADs .bgl files changing those which were not selected to .bgl.off. Might this be possible in msfs?  

9 minutes ago, jonezy10 said:

I remember that the Aerosoft Heathrow for P3D had multiple preselects so users could chose an airport config (north departures on / south arrivals etc.)

i think it worked by including multiple AFCADs .bgl files changing those which were not selected to .bgl.off. Might this be possible in msfs?  

It's still a static solution. So those on the marketplace would not get this option at all, and if you're flying online... but have the wrong bgl running... then you have a problem.