EGKK

kjhnor

Hi

Nice airport. I notice that the cars in the car parks all appear flat. The airport appears near the top of my Scenery.ini file. Is this how they should look ?

image.thumb.png.eeaae2c165491c4d2fd54ea76982e1dc.png

Edited by kjhnor

7 minutes ago, kjhnor said:

Hi

Nice airport. I notice that the cars in the car parks all appear flat. The airport appears near the top of my Scenery.ini file. Is this how they should look ?

image.thumb.png.eeaae2c165491c4d2fd54ea76982e1dc.png

Hi there. Yes that is how it should be, although not sure why that house is there. May be some sort of Trueearth asset.

That site of cars was temporary at the time the orthoimagery was taken. We'll see if we find time to improve but no promises.

Re the duplicate post. Sorry about that. I really was not sure whether to add to original post or crate new. Tried to delete the duplicate but was not able to.

Thanks for your quick responses.

1 minute ago, kjhnor said:

Re the duplicate post. Sorry about that. I really was not sure whether to add to original post or crate new. Tried to delete the duplicate but was not able to.

Thanks for your quick responses.

Hehe it's fine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brownbear118 said:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, however Reserve Runway has been turned just into a taxiway. Which in real life "tonight for example" It is a runway. Anyways of changing this and adding runway lights ?

For the time being, no. Although interesting it seems that flights tonight are using 08R.

It's something I've thought about but 08L/26R are rarely ever used irl or in-sim(which also means restricted ground movement since the approach/departure paths overfly Pier 1. It's use as a taxiway is pretty much typical.

1 hour ago, brownbear118 said:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, however Reserve Runway has been turned just into a taxiway. Which in real life "tonight for example" It is a runway. Anyways of changing this and adding runway lights ?

This, and also the RNP approach into 08L isn't working with the ToLiss A319 (disclaimer: Haven't checked on other aircraft or without the Origami EGKK). There was another guy in the queue for 08L on vatsim who had the same issue; I programmed 08R enroute, and when changing to RNP 08L all the waypoints to the runway are correct, but the runway stays at 08R (or 26L or whatever you programmed in the first place), as well as the RNAV descent profile seems to align with the runway which was first entered and not 08L. 

Papis work fine though, thus landing went fine. 

Flying in and out of Gatwick very regularly on VATSIM (and a few times real life as well) I like that 08L is basically a taxiway and I think it's more realistic to leave the lights off. However, maybe there's a possibility to have this defined by the user via the config files. And if the RNP thing would work that would be great too - from minimums you can make it down ok even on the taxiway lights if you're aligned right.

29 minutes ago, AntonBunk said:

This, and also the RNP approach into 08L isn't working with the ToLiss A319 (disclaimer: Haven't checked on other aircraft or without the Origami EGKK). There was another guy in the queue for 08L on vatsim who had the same issue; I programmed 08R enroute, and when changing to RNP 08L all the waypoints to the runway are correct, but the runway stays at 08R (or 26L or whatever you programmed in the first place), as well as the RNAV descent profile seems to align with the runway which was first entered and not 08L. 

Papis work fine though, thus landing went fine. 

Flying in and out of Gatwick very regularly on VATSIM (and a few times real life as well) I like that 08L is basically a taxiway and I think it's more realistic to leave the lights off. However, maybe there's a possibility to have this defined by the user via the config files. And if the RNP thing would work that would be great too - from minimums you can make it down ok even on the taxiway lights if you're aligned right.

One of my ideas was to just have them configurable via SAM, which wouldn't need user editing. But for the time being, that is some RnD time. My immediate focus right now is to make sure rollout is going smooth.

Approaches, I can't help you with, sorry. That'll be dependent on the airac data or such. Likewise ILS data would need to go through the Laminar gateway

Edited by Delta_Who
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Delta_Who said:

One of my ideas was to just have them configurable via SAM, which wouldn't need user editing. But for the time being, that is some RnD time.

Approaches, I can't help you with, sorry. That'll be dependent on the airac data or such. Likewise ILS data would need to go through the Laminar gateway

Unless Toliss is grabbing the runway from the airport itself? Would seem a bit odd, but something to investigate I suppose.

2 hours ago, Delta_Who said:

Unless Toliss is grabbing the runway from the airport itself? Would seem a bit odd, but something to investigate I suppose.

Pretty sure it does, yes. Their reasoning was that it’s better for the procedures in the FMGS to match the scenery, it’s caused some oddities with DUB too, if I recall.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is one of the neater configs I've seen.

Only thing that I can possibly think of that may be popping through is X-Europe. For efficiency sake, could you try disabling some of that and see what happens? Then I can know if I need to add any additional exclusions.

35 minutes ago, DUC said:

I know my config is a damn mess, i deleted x-europe and that did the trick. 

No it's actually neat. Most other configs I've seen are a damn mess 😄

I will have to take a further look at this though. Not too familiar with x-europe